Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday 9/30/09 - MORNING

- 5:00: wakened by Walker who tapped me on the shoulder and held up a dollar bill "Look mama, the Tooth Fairy gave me a money!". Told him that was "awesome" and had him lay down with me. He then started to complain about his "mouth hurting (ie: his throat hurts)" and asking for milk. I got up, got him a cup and then had him cuttle with me on the couch. We talked a bit about the Tooth Fairy and tried to get him to settle down and go back to sleep.

- 6:00: After lots of squirming from Walker, I turned on cartoons in hopes it would distract him a bit so I could catch a few more minutes of sleep.

- 6:15: The alarm clock went off. Got up and hit the snooze button. Answered a few questions from Walker and tried to grab another minute of sleep.

- 6:24: Alarm clock goes off again. I get up and hit the snooze button - AGAIN. Explain to Walker that mommy is tired and he needs to let me sleep until the alarm clock goes off again.

- 6:33: Alarm clock goes off again, but I did manage to fall asleep and didn't hear it until 6:36. Got up and turned it off.

- Popped on the computer to update my blog with yesterday's "lists" and then start todays...with small interruptions from Walker who "needs to tell me something."

- Called Walker's school to let them know he would be out sick today.

- Found clothes for both Walker and Caden. Walker will have to go to work with Scott this morning.

- Checked the weather to make sure the clothes I pulled were appropriate for the day...really should have done that BEFORE I looked for the clothes.

- Folded a few things while trying to find clothes for the kids.

- Got Caden out of the crib, changed his diaper, and dressed him.

- Put clothes away that had been folded on Monday night that didn't get put away.

- Brushed my teeth and got myself dressed. Started to wake up Scott (it takes a few "Honey, it's time to wake up" before getting out of the bed. I'm his "snooze button")

- Got Caden a bottle. Told Scott it was time to get up.

- Reminded Walker to get dressed.

- Pulled clothes out of the hamper and into a laundry basket to leave by the basement door so Scott can bring them down later today. Told Scott it was REALLY time to wake up.

- Went into the living room and got Walker dressed...he wasn't going to do it himself this morning.

- Packed up Walker's snack/lunch box. He's not going to school, but he'll need something for "breakfast" when he gets to the kung fu studio.

- Checked FB and email while I waited for Scott to be done at the bathroom sink so I could do my hair. Sent out an email to my office to remind them I'm leaving early today.

- Did my hair while Scott was in the shower and Caden played at my feet. Then picked up all the toys that he emptied on to the bathroom floor - AGAIN!

- Finished getting Caden dressed and put Walker's sneakers on.

- Told Walker I'd be home early today and tried to convince him to only think about today and not worry about whether or not he'll go to school tomorrow (he doesn't want to go).

- Kept pulling Caden out of things he shouldn't be getting into.

- Put on my make-up.

- Got Caden and Walker ready to go. Kissed them goodbye. and finished up this morning list.

- 8:34: time to head to work...with a detour to Dunkin's. I need it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment