Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday 10/2/09 - WORK

- Drove the boys down to Rockland after a stop to get gas and a run through the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru.

- Got to the kung fu studio about 20 minutes later than I wanted. Unloaded the boys, chatted with Scott for a few minutes, he's already exhausted...not good...and headed off to work.

- Traffic wasn't bad until I hit the tunnel, but still made it to the Museum before 10:30.

- Got into the office and logged in on the computer and caught up on any emails that came in after I checked email from home. Checked voicemail and had a quick conversation with a co-worker.

- Had a conversation on the phone with my sister about planning birthday parties for our boys (both of which are born in October...her son's birthday is today), and chatted a bit about our sick and injured children.

- Reviewed a print sample from our printer for an invite that Lianne sent to print.

- Opened my time tracking document and set up a meeting with a fellow Museum-er who wanted to have a chat.

- Opened our project tracking program to look up the location of the files for the Harry Potter poster so I could send it off to a freelancer who needs it.

- Uploaded HP poster files to the Exhibits Group file transfer site because they also required the files.

- Realized that I sent the wrong file and had to resend a much bigger document.

- While uploading files, had an "IM" chat with a co-worker about how Walker was doing.

- Made changes to the Overnights Map document.

- Checked a couple of things with my editor on the Overnights Map and then passed it on to her for review.

- Reviewed Sparks with the editor and discussed change options and the "plan" to get the calendar section updated since the designer working on that section is not here today.

- Checked in on FB, just cause, then checked my work email "inbox" and got 5 emails in the last 5 minutes...sigh!

- Checked and responded to some email and then moved on to making my Sparks edits.

- Made changes to my Sparks pages and passed them along to the editor to review.

- Had a short chat with my boss about going to my 20th high school reunion and headed back to my desk to start working on the Calendar section of Sparks, but then got a call from my boss to remind me about the Harry Potter dome graphics I have to do.

- Started preparing HP dome graphics for print, while responding to a couple emails along the way.

- Did some price analyst on an invite project that I'm working on and had to send a bunch of pricing info to my client AND my vendor.

- Corrisponded with the vendor for the HP dome graphics about whether or not I can upload a large file to their "upload site."

- Had back-and-forth phone calls with my husband and father about who is watching Caden today (my mom and dad have been sick this week) and whether or not I can get out early to help Scott out at kung fu since his assistant is out today. So many people "need" things from me: children need a mom to care for them, work needs an employee to get things done, and husband needs a "hand" from time to time to help his business out (which technically is MY business as well)...and somedays I just don't know WHAT I should do :(

- 1:48: feel stressed and haven't had lunch yet. Should probably get away from my desk and get some food.

-1:59: returned with fries and a cheese burger. Surfing the net while munching on lunch.

- Played around on FB while finishing lunch. My sister Kellie has started "Fan Page" for my dad. He totally needs one. There are just so many stories that have to be shared - LOL

- Dealt with more pricing issues with an invite project.

- 3:00: had a chat with one of our clients about understanding "department relationships."

- Got caught up with the MarCom staff on a few things while I was at my meeting.

- Uploaded HP files to my banner vendor.

- Consulted with my senior designer about color issues with a set of HP banners she is working on.

- Talked with my editor on the TSB program and updated her on where we stood with everything.

- Contacted our Museum contact for HP and explained our issues with the HP art on the banners we're working on....we REEEEALLY hate Warner Brothers!

- More discussion about the stupid HP banners. It will never end!

- Set up a meeting with clients to discuss signage needs to an event later this month.

- I wanted to leave an hour ago...time to closes things down and GO HOME!

- Oh man, got caught up loading pictures of my dad onto his new "Fan" page...well, at least I have a good excuse for getting home late to pick up Caden from him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment