Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday 10/7/09 - WORK

- Got in the car and drove down to Dunkin's. It's a rainy day and that is going to make for bad traffic. I'll need a coffee to get me through it. The drive thru was packed, but I decided to wait it out, rather than running through the rain. A while Jeep cut me in line....grrrrr...and then I got my small iced coffee.

- Back on the road and creeped along until just before the city and then the traffic opened up and I got to work...about a half hour late.

- 9:30: got into the office. Chatted with my boss about his new grandson and caring for infants. Looked at some Harry Potter banner proofs with the department designers and then logged on to the computer.

- Checked email.

- Chatted with the VP of Marketing and the Manager of Advertising (and the Museum's Harry Potter point person) about the House Banners that Fanny got a proof for.

- Submitted "days off" request to my boss for the remainder of the year.

- Replied so emails. Deleted ones that I don't need.

- Reviewed intern's layout of Your Visit Today and suggested some tweaks.

- Checked Facebook quickly before jumping into a project :)

- 10:30: Finalize Overnights Map file. Checked the change with my editor, and sent it back to client.

- Chatted with Jess and Fanny about an ADDITIONAL project that was given to us that is needed for Monday. Asked Fanny to add it on to the one she's doing (it's the same topic) and bang it out quickly.

- Go down stairs to see the HP sample banner put in place to see how it looks hanging in "Science Street."

- Back to my desk and prepare for a meeting that is in a couple of minutes.

- Met with the design team to make Design Assignments, discuss projects, and planning for end of year vacation time.

- Check email; update time-log; IM with a coworker about a project.

- Made another update to the Overnights Map and sent it back to the client.

- Had an IM conversation with a friend trying to "fix" something.

- Exchanged emails with my editor and client on The Science Behind... program.

- Got another small change to my map project. Made it and saved it.

- Sent Harry Potter pages from TSB program to the client and editor asking them to sign-off on them so the pages could be sent to WB for approval.

- Exchanged emails with Scott's family about getting together for his grand father's birthday.

- 1:07: Pack up and head out the door...gotta meet Walker's bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment