Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monday 10/19/09 - MORNING

- 6:15: hit snooze. 6:24: hit snooze. 6:33:hit snooze. 6:42: finally get up...groan.

- Turn on the TV and open Walker's door so that the noises in the house start to wake him up. Was just about to pull clothes out or the boys when Caden starts to squawk...and we're OFF!

- Take Caden out of the crib, quickly find some clothes for him and change him. Put him down to play and find clothes for Walker. I change out of my pajama bottoms, and put on pants. Walk past the bathroom and see Walker. "Good morning, Bug." He tries to look cranky, but gives me a smile. I pick him up and bring him into the living room. We play on the couch with Caden for a few minutes and then I look at the clock: 7:04...Walker needs to catch the bus in 15 minutes.

- I quickly help him on with his clothes and deal with a "wiggly" tooth (looks like he'll be loosing it today). I then go and pack his lunch. I write a couple of notes on some of his school papers as I have questions for the teacher and I pack his backpack and put it by the front door. It's now 7:10. I go into the living room and put on Walker's socks and shoes. I pick up Caden who is getting into stuff and put him in his high chair while I make him a quick bottle. As I carry him out of the kitchen I noticed the neighbor standing on the corner with her son about to head to the bus. I double-time it! Drop Caden into his crib (in the bedroom with a sleeping Scott). Grab Walker's coat and tell him to put it on. I throw on a pair of shoes and tell Walker to hurry and get his bag. I throw on my own jacket and we run out the door...it's 7:19.

- The neighbor is actually a couple of minutes early bringing her son out. I probably had another minute and a half before I really needed to be out the door. I bring Walker down to the bus stop and we wait a couple of minutes for the bus to arrive. I give him a kiss and a wave and head back home...exhale!

- I take Caden out of his crib and put him back in the living room and then finish getting myself dressed. Caden starts getting into things, so I put him back in the high chair and do my hair. It's 7:40 and I go and wake up Scott. I go back and finish doing my hair and go back into the bedroom at 7:44 "Honey, you REALLY need to get up."

- I start my list while Scott is in the shower. It's now 8:00.

- Once Scott was dressed and ready to go, I packed up Caden and we all headed out the door: 8:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment