Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tuesday 10/6/09 - AFTER WORK

- Left work late and traffic was bad. Didn't get to Rockland until 6:15.

- Was tired and didn't have the energy to run upstairs to get into my work-out clothes and join class. Instead I sat in the waiting area and chatted with Walker for a bit about how his day at school was. He said it was "good", but every time I asked for details, he changed the subject.

- Went into the work-out area and picked up Caden and brought him into the waiting area and let him crawl around and play for a little while. Walker went and got Caden's diaper bag and after a few more minutes I packed the boys up, gave Scott a kiss, and headed home.

- Walker talked about me drawing stormtroopers and clone troopers for him tonight and I promised we could do it after Caden goes to bed, so Caden doesn't get into the markers and crayons. That is the good thing about letting Walker stay up a little later than he probably should, it allows us to have some quiet time to ourselves. I think that is nice for Walker and it helps him from getting too jealous. Walker also reminded me that I needed to find his Star Wars pop-up book. I said we'd look again when we got home. He then moved on to thinking about Christmas -- AGAIN. How is it every conversation leads to Christmas with a 5 year old?

- Got home just about 7:00. Brought the boys in the house. Caden was finished sucking on a bottle, so I turned on Dora the Explorer for both the boys and went and changed out of my work clothes.

- Walker and I then looked around the house for his pop-up book. We looked in my bedroom and around the living room again, but came up empty. Then I thought "In the bench in the front hall!" I lifted the cover and low-and-behold, there it was! Walker was very excited.

- Turned on the computer to update my list.

- Checked in on Gmail and FB.

- Got Walker a cup of chocolate milk.

- Put Caden in his high chair, as he was trying to get into things such as the toilet bowl. Washed his hands and gave him some snacks.

- Fed Caden dinner and then let him play in the high chair with some plastic spoons while I ate a bowl of cereal (I was starving) while we watched Extra.

- Swept up Cheerios off the kitchen floor. And let Caden out of his chair to crawl around. Cleaned out all the Cheerios that Caden likes to hind under the high chair cushion.

- Finally posted Monday's lists to blog.

- Watched Caden crawling around the den. He pulled himself up and "let go" a couple of times. Once he figures out how to balance on two feet...it's ALL OVER!

- Changed Caden's diaper and let him crawl around for a while as it took alot of energy just to get the diaper on.

- Popped on Facebook for a few minutes, and then "tackled" Caden again to get him into his PJs. Got him a bottle and then sat on the couch for a little while and watched last Friday's Clone Wars with Walker for a few minutes before putting Caden to bed.

- Got paper and markers to draw "stormtroopers" with Walker.

- Sat on the couch with Walker and drew Troopers while I watched last night's episode of Dancing with the Stars (I had missed some of the dances).

- 9:30: Brought Walker to bed. Read him a bedtime story and kissed him good night.

- Enjoyed some "quiet" time watching TONIGHT's episode of Dancing with the Stars.

- Scott came home and I went into the kitchen to start dinner (and turned on Dancing with the Stars). Made a chicken and rice dish with corn on the side.

- Looked through the papers that Walker brought home from school today and laughed at a drawing of "Me and Daddy playing 'light savers'." Obviously the teacher doesn't know Star Wars...that would be "lightsabers."

- Got a call from my dad to look up some directions to a country club he's going to on Thursday. Said my mom couldn't get Map Quest to work.

- Got on the computer after Scott was done checking email and Google Mapped the directions my dad needed and sent the link to my mom. Called her and let her know they were there. And told her to tell my dad that he didn't have to watch Caden tomorrow because I was getting out early.

- Sat on the couch with Scott and ate our dinner while watching the new 10 o'clock Jay Leno show (couldn't find anything else to watch on a Tuesday night at 10).

- Finished dinner and updated my list.

- Scanned some pictures of my Dad to post on his "Fan Club" page on Facebook.

- Uploaded photos and now going to cuddle with my husband on the couch and watch the news.

- Watched the news and Letterman with Scott and chatted about work, family, and some of the stories that came up on the news.

- Got up and had some Oreos and milk. Looked through the Martha Stewart magazine I picked up a week ago, and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment