Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tuesday 10/6/09 - WORK

- Left the house and made a stop at CVS to pick up a some things I needed, and I had a coupon. Realized that I forgot to take a stamp from home to mail out a bill so asked the cashier if they sell stamps. She said "Yes, by the book." I needed the stamp, so I bought the whole book. I had only planned to spend $4 when using my coupon and ended up spending $12. Groan.

- Got in the car and realized I forgot my cell phone - AGAIN! So I had to drive back home (only up the street) to get it and was ticked that now I was going back home and I could have saved buying the darn stamp. Groan!

- Got back in the car and headed to work. Slowed down a bit as there was a 6 car pile-up, but luckily (for me) it just happened, so I wasn't stuck to far behind it. Managed to get to work only 10 minutes late after all that back and forth and traffic.

- Did a quick check of email and then met with our design intern to go over some issues that she had incorporated into the "Your Visit Today" files. Gave her some instruction and training on how to use the software more effiently.

- The design intern and I met with the editorial team working on YVT to discuss the complications of this week's schedules. Because of the Columbus Day holiday, we'll need to do 4 issues rather than our normal 3. Plus there are two special week-long events going on that have to different information for different days.

- After meeting, create an outline for the intern to help simplify all the differences on each schedule.

- Check my schedule about moving a meeting for my boss.

- Check a new proof for the "Women in Science" event and sent a response to my printer about a missing image.

- Went down to the café to get coffee (it's one of those days were I need a late morning coffee).

- Got back to my desk and read an email from my friend Bob and discovered I DID NOT miss the troop that I thought I missed. YAY! That is alot off my mind.

- Down size The Science Behind... program as requested by the client.

- Chatted with my co-workers and boss about the downsize. I had tried to make the size and shape feel more "special" but the client has defaulted to a typical 5 x 7. Ah well.

- Updated my FB status to state that I'm not a "poop head"...after discovering that I didn't blow off the troop that I thought I had blown off. It's suddenly a much brighter day :)

- Replied to a text from my friend Aaron who just found out the sex of the baby he and his wife are expected in March.

- Called my sister Kellie at work about a craft show a friend of mine would love her to sell stuff at.

- Sent an email out to the NEG's CO about a "pub crawl" event that a friend of mine is having and seeing if there is a way to get some Stormtroopers there.

- Called the editor on the TSB program and gave her an update on where everything stands with the project. Made plans to move forward. Gave an update to Jess about those "plans."

- 12:05: Went down to the café and got brought lunch with Lianne and Jessica. Brought it upstairs and munched on my pulled pork sandwich and side salad as I chatted with Lianne about "stuff."

- Took a call from my dad about not being able to use his car tomorrow because my sister Kellie needs to borrow it.

- Checked a couple of personal emails about the "pub crawl" request.

- Back to work on TSB program.

- Called one of the clients on TSB program to confirm some information.

- Got called into the bosses office to consult on signage needs for Harry Potter.

- Stopped by the intern's desk to check how YVT was coming.

- Back to updating the program.

- Consulted with assorted people, about assorted things, while working on TSB program layout.

- Had a meeting with the department director and the editorial supervisor to go over the projects that had come in this week so they can be assigned to creative teams.

- Wrote a long and detailed email to my editor on TSB program and sent her an updated PDF for her review.

- Attended a Sparks Planning meeting.

- Met with design intern to review projects she is working on.

- Consulted on a holiday invite and the Harry Potter ticketing signs.

- 4:10: went down stairs to get a coffee and a sweet. Took Lianne with me on the walk.

- Checked email (work and personal) and popped on FB during my "break."

- Sent out an "Olive Branch" email to a friend that I'm hoping to reconcile with.

- Finished drinking my coffee and played around on FB and now heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment