Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MONDAY 10/12/09

Columbus Day - It's a holiday, no work for me!
==============================================

- 5:30: Walker taps me on the shoulder while I'm sleeping. I pull him in to the bed to cuddle and he squirms for the next 8 minutes until I give up and say "fine, I'll turn on Clone Wars for you."

- 5:38: Put Clone Wars on for Walker and tell him to wake me up when it's over (it's a half hour episode).

- 6:10: "Mom, Clone Wars is over." I get up, put on Nick Jr., give him a cup of milk, and tell he I'm going back to lay down.

- 6:30: Caden is shouting from the crib...sleep time is over. I get Caden out of his bed and bring him into the living room. Walker is playing with his Lego men on the coffee table, so I sit on the couch and cuddle with Caden and watch Blues Clues so he doesn't get into Walker's toys. Caden was content to cuddle and play on the couch for almost 45 minutes - NICE.

- 7:15: Caden wants to get down and play, so I move Walker to "higher ground" and let Caden go play.

- Check the temp in the house...it's 64 degrees. WAY TOO COLD...so I pop on the heat for the first time this season. Go around the house and make sure all the vents are clear of toys, shoes, boxes, etc that may have been placed on top of them during the summer.

- Turn on the computer and check in with friends via Facebook while keeping Caden away from the computer (that really doubles the time it should take). Make Caden a bottle to keep him out of trouble for a little while. Eventually he gets tired of that and tries to get back into the computer. I put him in the high chair with Cheerios and the Today show...did you know the Duggers are expecting their 19th child and just had their first grandchild. That is just CRAZY. I can barely juggle two!

- Get Walker breakfast. And make myself a bowl of Cheerios. I'm starved: 8:21.


- Go back to yesterday's list and fill in all the blanks. I wasn't very good about keeping it up yesterday. Jotted down some notes during our ride to NH, but didn't have the energy to update the list when I got home...stupid Pats!

- Finished up yesterday's list in-between interruptions of getting Caden out of things he shouldn't be in. Gave him a big pile of toys to play with and that has seemed to distracted him for a little while. And a break to help Walker pick up the draw he pulled out of his dresser as he was looking for clothes to wear...no idea why he wanted to get dressed already. I think he wants to go someplace.

- Posted Sunday's list to the blog and added some photos that I found online....while juggling Caden on my lap who was trying to get into stuff.

- Fed Caden breakfast.

- Woke Scott up. Washed bottles. Ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Chatted with my dad on the phone about yesterday's football games. Looked up pictures of my new nephew on FB.

- Went through Walker's "Friday Folder" and sat at the kitchen table and helped him do some homework while Scott was in the shower and Caden played around on the kitchen floor.

- Got dressed while Scott got Caden dressed and put him down for a short nap.

- Got Caden out of the crib and packed up so we could head out for some brunch.

- Went to Newcomb Farms for brunch with the boys. Got chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs.


http://www.yelp.com/biz/newcomb-farms-family-restaurant-milton

- After brunch we drove down to The Christmas Tree Shops to find a scarecrow for Walker...he's been talking about one for weeks. I've seen them there plenty of times...of course this time they have none. I do find a little one to stick in a potted plant and that seems to be good enough for Walker...score, $1.69! But of course he also has to get a $2.00 fake Lego kit and a pack of Halloween stickers. I consider myself lucky that I got out of there with only spending $7.00.



- Drove home and Scott is helping Walker put together his little Lego-like kit. I hope on the computer to check email and such.

- Ordered Scott's commemorative 501st Lego t-shirt for doing Saturday's troop.

- Put away some folded clothes and then decided it was finally time to pack away the summer clothes and pull out all the fall/winter clothes. Tried on some fall/winter pants that were in the storage bin and was excited to discover that I fit into my old size 10 pants - OOOOOH YEAH!!!!

- While I was switching clothes around, I had Scott lower Caden's crib mattress a couple of notches, he was ready to fall out any day now.

- Got online to announce that I again fit in my size 10 pants :)

- Started working on posting Octoberfest info on the Dragonclaw Facebook page, while keeping Caden out of things. Got interrupted by Scott to move my car so he could go to work and then by Walker who needed to go "potty." 5:30: finished posting and sent out an message to the DCC group to let them know it was up.

- Sent out some birthday wishes to some friends via FB.

- Helped Walker on the potty again and then put him into PJs. Then he told me he wanted a Happy Meal...since it's Monday (food shopping night for Scott) we don't really have anything in the house to eat anyway, so I figured "why not." I packed up the boys and took them through the McDonald's drive thru and came home so Walker could eat his dinner. Caden fell asleep during the ride, and is still down for the time being. I'm munching on fries.

- Wiped Walker's butt AGAIN! He has a cough and a runny nose, and quite possibly a belly ache. I see another "home day" in the near future.

- Caden woke up and I cuddled with him on the couch for a little while and then put him in the high chair to eat some French Fries that Walker has not eaten.

- Did some surfing around the internet looking for some photos and reviews for my blog.

- Brought Caden into the kitchen and fed him some baby food (sweet potatoes) while watching Extra and then gave him a bottle of juice while I checked in on Walker who is having more "bathroom issues."

- Set the DVR to record Dancing with the Stars and Castle.

- Sent some friends emails with links to photos from this weekend's Barnes & Nobel event.

- Chased Caden around the house and then wrestled with him to change his diaper and put his PJs on. Let him terrorize his brother for a little while and then put him down in the crib with a bottle: 8:20.

- Exchanged some emails with some special friends about some special stuff...mums the word for now...and then off to to watch Dancing with the Stars, as Walker has fallen asleep on the couch and I can have some TV viewing time in peace and quiet :)

- Fell asleep some time before the end of DWTS, but was woken up by Scott coming in with the groceries. I rewinded back DWTS to check out the dances I missed and then went into the kitchen to help Scott put away the groceries...he was pretty much done when I got in there.

- Made dinner for Scott and I (Turkey melts and a Pasta-roni dish). We went into the living room and turned on Castle which I had the DVR recording. Got a good chuckle out of that episode and then watched a bit of Letterman before calling it a night...wow, in bed before 1:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment