Friday, October 2, 2009

Thursday 10/1/09 - WORK

- Had to unload and load a couple of things in and out of the car, and even wrapped a present for Gryffin, who's birthday was in JUNE. Figured I should get it to him before he turned 5. So still didn't get out of the house when I wanted to. Hit the road around 8:30.

- Got to the Museum at 9:05 (not too bad).

- Got into the office, powered up the computer. And checked email.

- Consulted with Lianne on Harry Potter window graphics and helped her trouble shoot the art that we have and try to make the design work.

- Had a chat with my boss about a whether or now we're doing a "Thanksgiving card" for the Museum or not (we're not, we're going to do a New Years card, though we may now need to also do a Holiday card...groan). Also updated him on the pesky little note card project we've spent time on. Seems now that it's been canceled. Sigh.

- Checked email again. Trying to figure out what I'm SUPPOSE to do today...the morning is already ticking by, it's 9:50...so decided to start this list so I don't loose track of things - LOL!

- Consulted with the Managing Editor on a project that both of our interns are working on.

- Started working "The Science Behind..." program.

- Received a package that was for Jess C, who is on vacation, so had Carl open it to find out what it was since nothing on the outside gave a hint to it. Turned out to be a box of cards that were printed for the "Design Challenges" group.

- Back to working TSB.

- Short conversation with a co-worker about going to Star Wars: In Concert with next month.

- Back to TSB.

- Took a call from a client about the status of a job that was sent off to print.

- Back to TSB

- Had a "coffee talk" session with another Museum professional to bounce some ideas off of and gather some insight on things that have been fluttering around in my mind. Very helpful!

- Got back to the office. Chatted with Fanny about her going to the Sox game tonight and chatted with Lianne about the issues I'm having with Walker. Got her thoughts on whether or not we should take "professional action."

- Went down to the cafe and got lunch and brought it back to my desk. Took a quick look at my personal email and FB before getting back to work on TSB.

- BACK to TSB...

- Had a talk with my boss about some work issue and ended up leaving it in a VERY DARK place...and I went in there to bring "light" to the situation :(

- Vented to Lianne who told me to breath and used humor to bring me away from the "edge."

- Back to TSB...

- Got a call from the husband. Walker puked at school. Guess he really WAS sick. Spent several minutes discussing whether it was a mental thing where he is making himself sick, or is he really sick. Should we get professional consultation? Should we give him a few more weeks? Are we over exaggerating? What do we do? We didn't come to any answers....This is not helping my Dark Mood.

- Back to TSB...updating layouts and arranging files to print out a dummie for the client.

- Had my Weekly Coordinator's meeting.

- Review sign layouts with Jamila.

- Took a call from my dad about cold/flu/etc symptoms that he and my mom have been dealing with all week.

- Took a call from Scott with an updated status on Walker. He called the doctor and they said if he's still feverish in the morning then make an appoint then.

- Finalized my print samples for client on TSB and passed them on. She was very excited about the design options - YAY!

- Had a quick chat with a coworker on Walker's sickness and school issues.

- Updated this list and emailed it to myself at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment