Friday, October 9, 2009

Thursday 10/8/09 - WORK DAY

- Uneventful drive to work with a short stop for gas and coffee.

- Got to work at 9:00.

- Chatted with my boss about his grandson and daughter.

- Logged on to my computer and caught up with email and had a short IM conversation with a coworker about things I was suppose to remember to bring in. I remembered 1 out 2 things. Ah well, 50% is better than 0%.

- Listened to some messages on my phone and changed my voicemail message which was still on the "alternate" message stating I was away for a few days in September...where did that month go?

- 9:30: had a meeting to discuss a new location of a directional sign that had been knocked down.

- Chatted with JT in the print shop about some projects he's working on for us.

- Got back to my desk and checked email again and responded to those I needed to.

- Checked in with the Managing Editor about the status of some of the projects the Design Intern is working on.

- Exchanged a personal email with a family member about getting together for Scott's grandfather's birthday.

- Need to make a "to do" list.

- Called editor on TSB program to go over some questions she had.

- Breath and gather my thoughts...

- Called my client on the WIS invite to see what her exact needs were for a PDF she requested and then sent it to her.

- Sent an email to a printer to confirm delivery of the WIS invite.

- Opened my time log file...it's 10:20 and I haven't started that yet. Thank goodness for this list, so I know what I've been doing for the last hour and twenty minutes.

- Start working on the new sign for the Info Desk. Opening an old foreign language file to see if I can extract the "foreign language" words from the file. I can, but they all need to be changed over to our new branded font.

- Took a call from my TSB editor on a question she had.

- 10:45: switched over to TSB program so I can finalize the Harry Potter pages to send to WB.

- Passed TSB on for editorial review. Back to Info Desk sign.

- Back to TSB. Sending pages for client and editorial sign off so they can be sent to WB.

- Back to Info Desk sign.

- 12:03 Take a walk outside with Lianne before grabbing lunch in the cafe.

- Munched on a cheeseburger and fries while poking around FB and checking personal email and chatting with coworkers about dogs and furniture.

- 1:00: Back to TSB

- 1:45: Back to Info Desk sign

- 2:00: Show & Tell with Design Team

- Consulted with Jr. Designer on some icons that are needed for my Info Desk sign.

- Chatted with Scott on the phone about how Caden was this morning and our plans for the weekend.

- Researched some accessibility icons online and using them as reference to draw my own.

- Got a call from the MOS's HP point person about some small tweaks to the TSB program before it can be sent to WB. Make the changes and resend via email.

- Back to icon drawing and working on my sign.

- 3:15: Weekly Coordinators Meeting.

- 4:05: Close down and head out!

No comments:

Post a Comment