Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday 10/15/09 - MORNING

- Sometime around the 5 o'clock hour Walker taps me on the shoulder while I'm sleeping on the couch. I think he says something about wanting to draw pictures or watch cartoons. I pull him on to the couch with me and my 5-year-old-who-is-the-size-of-an-8-year-old falls asleep on my chest. I fall back to sleep.

- Just before 6 o'clock, Walker starts to squirm. I try to shift him into a better position, but he ends up waking up. He asks me to turn on cartoons. I move him to the other end of the couch, turn on the TV and try to catch a few more minutes of sleep. Unfortunately Walker wants a cup of milk, so I have to get up.

- Give Walker his milk, update yesterday's list and start today's.

- 6:15: the alarm clock goes off in the bedroom. I turn it off, but Caden is starting to squirm. Do I risk taking a shower NOW or do I wait to see if he wakes up...and take care of him before going into the shower??? The questions of a parent...

- I choose the shower. No telling if Caden was REALLY waking up. Didn't want to go into the room and check, so decided, take a shower and if he DOES wake up, he can just play in the crib OR Scott will get up and take care of him for a few minutes until I'm done :)

- Got out of the shower and id a quick email check before starting to get dressed.

- 6:55: Caden starts calling from his crib. I go in and get him out and change his diaper and PJs (he wet through).

- Help Walker put a sticker on his calendar and count how many more "school days" until "home days."



- Get Walker some clothes to wear to school and help him get dressed. Sit on the couch with him for a while while he whines about having to go to school. Me telling him that I will pick him up from the bus doesn't seem to help. He wants me to drop him off as well, but I'm still not dressed and my hair is still up in a towel.

- Put everything into Walker's backpack and then help him get his socks and shoes one...while he continues to whine. Put on his jacket and wake up Scott to walk Walker to the bus.

- Give Walker a kiss and remind him that I will pick him up today.

- Try to find some clothes to wear today and fold some in the laundry basket during the process.

- Ironed some pants and got dressed. Did my hair while Scott made Caden a bottle and brought him into the living room. Did my make up and then stopped in the living room to cuddle with Caden for a few minutes and talk with Scott about flu vaccinating the boys. Walker can't be vaccinated because he's allergic to eggs. I told him that when Caden has his 1 year check-up next week, I think he should get the general flu vaccination, but I'm not feeling comfortable with the H1N1 vaccine. I just feel like it's been pushed through and there isn't enough study on it to know if it's really safe.

- Finished getting ready for work and head out the door: 8:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment