Sunday, October 4, 2009

SATURDAY 10/3/09

- 6:05: Walker taps me on the shoulder at the edge of the bed and I pull him into the bed with Scott and I. 5 minutes later he's squirming and asking to get up. I tell him it's too early, it's still dark, and for him to go back to sleep. He gets more and more agitated and starts to push me away and pouting (I can tell this by his "posture" even thought it's too dark to see him.) I tell him that if he doesn't settle down, he'll just have to go back to his room. That only works for about a minute, then it all repeats again.

- 6:30: Caden starts to make noise. I give up on getting any more sleep (only 4 hours, yaaaaawn!) and get out of bed. Send Walker to the living room and tell him I'll be right there. I get Caden and discover he's wet through. I change his diaper and clothes (as quickly as I can, because it's cold in the house) and then turn on Nick Jr. for the boys and give Walker a cup of milk.

- Go and turn on the computer, because I've seen this episode of "Ni Hao Kia Lan" more times than I can count.

- Catch up on Facebook (really, like home would have happened from 1am to 6am???) while constantly be interrupted by Walker who has questions to ask or wants me to put Lego guys arms back on (he's very much into customizing his Lego guys)

- Caden starts to get cranky, so I go and make him a bottle and when I give it to him, I discover that he "stinks". Need to do another diaper change and he lays down on the living room floor and drinks his bottle.

- 7:00: back to the computer. Want to post Friday's list early as it's going to be a busy Saturday.

- Of course something seems to be up with Google this morning. Can't get to my email or my blog. Guess that will have to wait. Maybe it's the universes way to tell me to do something else...I'll start printing out yearbook pictures for tonight's party.

- Prepped photos for printing while constantly moving Caden away from the toys Walker was playing with. An almost 1 year old can't be playing with little Lego guys.

- Continuing to prep photos while feeding Caden cheerios.

- Google has finally seemed to fix their problem. Updated my blog with three Friday entries.

- Exchanged some emails with a Jane who is running the Reunion tonight.

- Fed Caden his breakfast and gave him a bottle of juice.

- Made Walker breakfast of apples and peanut butter, and then made a bowl of cereal for myself and ate it while watching the news and Caden made a mess of the kitchen by pulling down all this bottles from the little cart that holds them.

- Washed bottles.

- Called Jane to cross-reference our "guest lists" so that I can make all the name tags.

- Put Caden down in the crib for a morning nap while I update my name tag file.

- Finished updating name tags. Pulled up YouTube for Walker to watch Star Wars videos on. Headed into the shower.

- Switched out a load of laundry; got Caden out of the crib; dressed myself; pulled clothes for Walker to wear; dressed Caden; picked up some toys that Walker emptied out on the floor; packed Caden's diaper bag; made a shopping list; got Walker off the computer; put the boys in their sweatershirts; checked my ink cartridge levels to find out if I need to buy ink to make all my print outs--yes, I need black; headed out the door! 11:20

- Stopped at Office Max to buy paper and name badges for tonight's reunion.

- Drove down to Rockland and picked Scott up at the kung fu school.

- The whole Sartre/Jeffery family headed for the Hanover Mall.

- Swung by Lords & Ladies to see about getting my hair done for the party tonight. They had an opening, so Scott took the boys to Walmart to pick up formula and baby food and then took them to the arcade (well, took Walker. Caden was just along for the ride).

- After getting my hair done (looks SO NICE!), I met up with the boys at the arcade. I took Caden and changed his diaper (and his entire outfit, as he had leaked through) while Walker finished up a video game.

- We all headed over to Friendly's for lunch. Walker ended up developing a fever soon after sitting down and pretty much slept through lunch. Caden screeched through lunch.

- Got the boys packed up after lunch and headed back to Rockland to drop off Scott and he took the boys so I could go home on my own and start on the stuff I need to get done for tonight AND to get the boys to fall asleep on the ride home.

- Check FB really quickly before starting to print items for the Reunion.

- Print and cut yearbook photos for name tags.

- Got dressed for the reunion and packed up everything to head there early.

- Made a stop at the super market to buy some cookies for the party and then headed for The Water Club at Marina Bay.

- After driving around the marina a couple of times...trying to figure out where The Water Club WAS, found a parking space and walked along the boardwalk to the club. Found Jane just outside the door when I got there.

- Set up all the parts for the name tags and enlisted help from a couple of other class mates.

- People started showing up at 8:00 on the dot. Name tags weren't completely ready, but we were able to get them all done and organized by the time that most of the guests arrived. There were about a dozen people we I hadn't made tags for (as I didn't know they were going to be there), so I had to hand write their names. Luckily I thought about printing some blank one, just for this situation. The name tags seemed to be a big hit. People loved the way they looked and even if their year book photo made them groan, they still got a kick out of them.

- Helped Jane with "check in" until just before 10 and I, Jane, and Robyn (who was also helping) headed upstairs to the party.

- Chatted, mingled, and caught up with an assortment of classmates. Had a good time and wish we could have more get togethers like this more often. It was fun!

- Called it a night at just before 1:00. Said "goodbyes" to those I could find and walked to my car with my friend Robyn, and then met up with another Robyn and chatted in the parking lot for a few minutes.

- Finally headed home, but made a detour to the 24 hour Walgreen's to pick up some medicine for Walker in case he still had the fever in the morning.

- Got home, gave Scott some sweets I had nabbed from the party, changed into my PJs and Updated my "list" before heading to bed.

- Checked email and FB, now B E D! 2:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment