Friday, October 2, 2009

Thursday 10/1/09 - MORNING

- 6:15: Alarm clock goes off. Hit the snooze button. 6:24: Alarm clock goes off again, get up and turn it off. Trying to get a slightly earlier start this morning.

- Jump on the computer to update last night's "list" and start today's.

- 6:35: Can sense Walker standing behind me in the living room. Greet him only for him to start getting upset that his stomach hurts. I'm thinking it's because he didn't have dinner last night as he slept from the time we got back from Walmart until now. He tells me "Mama, I have a stomach ache. I need to rest my belly for a couple of days." So now I'm thinking "he's coming up with excuses not to go to school...sigh." I try to explain to him that if he would just stop worrying and enjoy his day at school, he'd feel alot better and being "happy" is better than feeling "sad."

- Got Walker a cup of milk, hoping something IN his tummy will help him feel better. Realize the dishwasher wasn't run the night before, so threw a couple of items sitting in the sick into the dishwasher and started it going.

- 6:40: Caden starts squirming and making noise in the bedroom. I'm starting to run out of time to take a shower...groan...

- Talked with Scott about Walker not wanting to go to school and discussed what we should do about today. We were going to keep him home, but realized that would just encourage him to use "I'm not feeling well" more often to get out of going. Decided that he HAD to go to school.

- Explained to Walker that he NEEDED to go to school and that he couldn't make himself sick to not go. Tried to find out what it was about school that made him not go. He said "I miss my family" and "I don't like playing with my friends." We talked about that a bit, though I'm sort of lost as to what the correct answer or solution is.

- Changed Caden's diaper.

- Pulled clothes for Walker to wear (including a new Star Wars shirt that I thought would make him feel better...it did...a little) and got Scott up to pack his lunch.

- Dressed Walker, since I knew he wouldn't do it on his own and then wrote a note to his teacher about him being out sick yesterday, but also added about his anxiousness about going to school. Hopefully we can work together to make Walker more comfortable and enjoy his time there.

- Flipped Walker's calendar to October and had him put a sticker on "Oct 1" and tried to get him distracted by the fact that Halloween and his brother's birthday was coming up.

- 7:26...WAAAAAY late. Need to jump into the shower.

- Showered, dressed, dried my hair, and put on my make up; 8:09. Time to get ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment