Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SUNDAY - 10/18/09

- 5:45: Walker woke up. We cuddled on the couch until after 6:00 and then I turned on cartoons and tried to go back to sleep. Unfortunately Walker kept asking me for stuff. I did manage to get a solid 1/2 hour at one point.

- 8:00: Scott's alarm clock went off. Caden woke up. Let the chaos begin!

- Changed Caden completely...he soaked through.

- Gave Caden a bottle and Walker a cup of milk. Went into the kitchen to finish writing up Saturday's list and start Sunday's. It was slow going because I wasn't feeling very well AND Walker keeps coming in and interrupting me (Mommy, what are we doing today? Mommy, look I'm a knight. Mama, where are my other swords. Mommy, draw knights with me. Mama, Caden is getting into something...). I finally put Caden in the high chair to keep him out of things.

- Scott gets out of shower and gets ready to go and teach some private classes. He gets Walker's lightsabers out of the trunk of the car (some cheap versions that we bought at the Dollar Store the day before). They make alot of noise, so I tell Walker to play with them in the other room.

- After writing for a bit, I take a break to draw knights with Walker. He had drawn a bunch while I napping on the couch. I told him they were great, but he says I do it better.

Walker's drawing of knights

My knights drawing.

- After drawing for a while I pull out his "Friday Folder" and we go through all his school work. Some sheets aren't finished, so we do them together. he then decides to put some Halloween stickers on some of the sheets and I have to help him with it because he keeps tearing the stickers.

- I go back to writing while the boys play "knights" on the kitchen floor. Caden uses a paper towel tube as a sword. He is not at all intimidated by Walker's plastic sword. In fact, he even manages to steal it from Walk from time to time.



- 10: 09: Diaper change!

- Put Caden back in the high chair, give him a bottle, and turn on cartoons in the kitchen. Walker is watching YouTube videos, so i take a quick shower while both boys are distracted.

- Got dressed.

- Typed up some of yesterday's list after barricading Caden in the living room (by blocking the entrance with laundry baskets and toy bins...we really need to get a gate, but it's a double wide opening).

- Got Walker dressed.

- Started packing Cade's bag while waiting for Scott to get home.

- Scott arrives just before noon. He got the boys ready while I finished packing the bag.

- Have brunch at Hearth & Kettle with my boys. Walker colored a Sponge Bob Square Pants picture while we waiting for our food. He then drew his own Sponge Bob on the back of the paper and it was pretty impressive (I'm such a proud mama!) Tried to teach Caden to use a crayon, but he was more interested in eating the crayon than coloring with it. He did manage to make a few marks on the paper.


- Scott brought Walker to the bathroom and when they came back I went and changed Caden. We packed up and headed out into the stormy weather (the weather had been yucky all morning).

- We drove down to Kingston to go to the Independence Mall. We wanted to get some shoes for Caden and needed some craft materials for Walker's Halloween costume (Walker decided he needs arm and leg armor to go with the rest of his knight costume). The Independence Mall has several stores that we like and we figured we could find what we needed there.

- We got to the mall and the first thing we discovered was that Old Navy had closed -- SHOCK! This mall is really going down the tubes. WE stopped at Target to find sneakers for Caden. Walker whined the WHOLE TIME because he just wanted to get the stuff for his costume. The boy has NO patience. We argued with him the whole time and finally told him that if he mentioned it one more time that he would get nothing. He pouted and sniffled for the rest of shopping trip.

- We walked to the other end of the mall to go to Jo-ann's Fabrics for the items we needed for Walker costume. When we got there, Walker announced he needed the potty, so Scott took him all the way back to the other side of mall while I kept Caden and looked for the materials I needed...which they ended up not having everything I needed...sigh.

- Caden and I met back up with Scott and Walker and then we headed back out into the stormy weather to go back home.

- We made a stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee...SO NEEDED COFFEE! The detour also let Walker nap for a little longer, as he had fallen asleep on the drive back. We then headed to my parents to watch the Patriots game.

- Got to my parents' house only to discover my father was in a foul mood (his team lost). He was extremely cranky and said that no one better bother him today because he wasn't in the mood. After a day filled with a whining Walker, I was in no mood to deal with a cranky father AND I knew that Walker would get on his nerves. So I turned around and headed home. I just wanted to kick back and enjoy the game and I didn't think that was going to be possible with my dad in his mood OR Walker in his. Plus with the weather so bad outside, I figured it was just better to go straight home and hunker down for the evening.

- Got home and settled in to watch the game. IT'S SNOWING!!! I love football in the snow...but it IS only October! The game started rough, but it quickly got better and stayed that way.

- 5:55: Half-time. 45-0, Pats!!!!!! And it's now snowing here as well. What the...

- Spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening on the couch watching the Pats slaughter the Titans 59 - 0!!!! It was a good way to pass a storming afternoon.

- Scott headed out around 7:00 to go game with the guys. After the football game was over, I brought Caden into the kitchen and started dinner for Walker and I and fed Caden his.

- 8:00: Got Cade into his PJs, gave him a bottle and put him down for the night.

- Let Walker watch cartoons while I finally finished Saturday's list and posted.

- Went and sat with Walker on the couch and watched Amazing Race. Walker fell asleep, so I moved him to his bed. After Amazing Race, I turned on Sunday Night Football and listen to it as I type up Sunday's list.

- Facebooking...

- 11:20: Whoa! Where did all that time go??? no wonder I'm so tired. going to go chill on the couch for the rest of the evening.+
+2666+6698.
559636300000.2000000000000099992222222220
(Caden getting into the computer again, the next morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment