Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday 10/7/09 - MORNING

- 6:09: Caden is starting to fuss and wakes me up. I get up and decide to brush my teeth before the morning really "begins".

- While brushing my teeth, I see Walker peeking out of his bedroom door. "Good morning, bug!" I greet him. "Where you trying to scare me?" He gives me a sly smile and said "Yes."

- I help Walker brush his own teeth as he asked who is bringing him to the bus stop this morning. "I am," I tell him. That makes him very happy. I then tell him that I'll be picking him up at the bus stop as well, and that makes him even MORE happy :)

- I turn on cartoons for Walker and get him a cup of milk.

- Caden's fussing gets louder, so I go and get him out of the crib (see, the morning has already began in a blink of an eye). I find Caden soaked through, so I grab his clothes for the day and change his diaper and dress him.

- I pop on the computer to start my daily list while Walker asks questions like "Can I watch Clone Wars?" "Do I have to go to school when it snows." etc.

- Go and turn Clone Wars on via the DVR.

- Got Caden a bottle and settled him in the living room; Looked for clothes to wear and folded a basket in the process; Started to get dressed and pulled clothes for Walker; Ironed a shirt for myself; helped Walker get dressed; finished getting myself dressed; got Walker dressed; gave him some peanut butter crackers and gave Caden some Cheerios (so he'd leave his brother's crackers alone); brushed my hair and put on my make up; put on Walker's socks; put Walker's lunch and snack items (that Scott prepares the night before) into his lunch box and put that in his back pack; put on Walker's shoes.

- 7:18: Got my rain coat on and put Walker's sweat shirt on (he doesn't have a rain coat...will need to get one). Put Walker's back pack on him. Grabbed a couple of umbrellas. Put Caden in his crib in our bedroom with his bottle (and Scott) and headed to the bus stop with Walker.

- Waited for the bus for a few minutes while chatting with another mom and promising Walker that I would "pick him up." If I don't say it every two second them I'll probably change my mind...at least that seems to be his thinking. The bus arrived and I gave him a kiss and sent him on his way.

- Walked back home and stopped to chat with the neighbor upstairs about how Walker was settling (or not) into going to school.

- Got back in the house. Updated my list while Caden chatted in the bedroom. Went in and got him out of the crib once he got too loud and woke up Scott.

- Finished the list up until this moment.

- Organized a basket of Scott's socks (I knew he was out of them) while reminding him to get up. Caden played on the floor trying to take the socks OUT of the basket I was tossing them into.

- Played with Caden for a few minutes and finished dressing him. Put him in his high chair so he can finish his bottle.

- Put on jewelry and made a final decision on which shoes to wear today (I just threw something on to walk Walker down to the bus).

- Made out a bill.

- Belly is grumbling. Grabbed a granola bar.

- Checked work email, posted to my blog, and then packed up to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment