Sunday, October 18, 2009

SATURDAY 10/17/09

- 6:22: "Mommy, can I watch Clone Wars?" I turn it on and try to catch a little more sleep on the couch, but keep get interrupted to "make it faster" (ie: fast forward) during the commercials.

- Clone Wars ends and I let Walker watch some cartoons while I cat nap on the couch. Though Walker keeps asking me questions. Then he asks me to wipe his bum...sigh.

- 7:15: Caden wakes up. I get him out of the crib and change his diaper. Walker asks to watch Clone Wars again, and I tell him later. Caden crawls around on the floor and Walker joins me on the couch and we cuddle for a while watching Blues Clues. Caden finds a package of crackers on the coffee table so I give him one. He munches on that and then decides he wants to join Walker and I on the couch, so then I have two of them crawling on me.

- Walker keeps asking me to call our friend Margaret to see if she's busy today. I keep telling him that it's too early and he keeps asking WHEN will I call her.

- I play with the boys on the couch for about a half hour and then Caden gets hungry, so I get up and get him a bottle, settle him in the living room and pop on to the computer to start the day's list.

- Walker is all about "what time it is?" lately. He must be learning about time in school. He asks me to turn on the kitchen TV so he can watch the clock until it's time to call Margaret. He's in for a reeeelly long wait.

- 8:00: Caden crawls into the kitchen and gets into the recyclables. I pick him up and put him in his high chair with some Cheerios. I'm hungry, so I make myself a bowl. Walker asks for something, so I give him a cup of yogurt.

- 8:07: I hear Scott's alarm clock going off. I go in to the bedroom and turn it off and try to get him up. He tells me to reset it for 8:30...he tries to explain to me that on Saturdays he sets his alarm clock super early so he can hit the snooze button more often and get more rest. I say "Wouldn't settling the alarm clock for much later allow you more rest?" He says "Yeah, some would think that."

- Facebooking...

- Post entries to blog. Find pictures to go along with some of the entries. Takes twice as long as it needs to as I keep getting interrupted to get this or that for Walker and to get Caden out of something he shouldn't be in...usually the computer.

- Take a break to change Caden's diaper.

- Finish posting to blog.

- Get Walker some milk. Decide to give Caden a little bit of real milk as well, in a sippy cup and see how he likes it. He'll be 1 next week and is now old enough to start drinking milk. Made Walker's breakfast of apples and peanut butter and gave some chopped up apples to Caden as well. He loves them.

- 9:55: late morning nap for Caden. Time for mommy to wash some dishes.

- Emptied the dishwasher and loaded it back up again. Scrubbed down the sink, while being interrupted by Walker from time to time to pull legs and arms off of Lego figures and put them on other ones. I look forward to the day that he's strong enough to do it on his own ;)

- 10:30: Laundry.

- Packed Caden's diaper bag.

- Folded clothes while watching the first half of Dr. Phil episode about "Stay at Home Moms vs. Working Moms" that I DVR-ed a few days ago. Walker watched Lego videos on You Tube.

- Called and sent a text to my friend Margaret to see if she was free this weekend.

- Caden woke-up and I got him out of the crib and brought him into the living room to play.

- Took a call from Scott to discuss what our day's plans were.

- Took in Walker's pants and got him half dressed (his shirts were in the laundry).

- Cade was cranky, so I tried to feed him but that didn't seem to be the problem. Let him bang around on his high chair while I washed bottles and cups.

- Went down and did another load of laundry and brought up clean clothes for the boys. Folded some of the clothes while looking for something for them to wear.

- Dressed Caden and put a shirt on Walker.

- Helped Walker find some Playdoh...he was watching a You Tube video that had little clay guys in it and he decided he wanted to make them.

- 12:15: hand write my list as Walker is on the computer and I don't want to forget things.

- 12:30: I'm tired!

- Try to keep Caden out of stuff and then help Walker make the little clay guys because he can't do it.

- Played with Caden on the living room floor to distract him from getting into Walker's stuff (while listening to Walker whine about me needing to make him MORE clay guys. And argued with him about keeping them "soft" vs. letting them harden and explaining to him that it will take DAYS for them to harden).

- Trim both Walker and Caden's toe nails.
555400555555555 (Caden's notes)

- Gave Caden a bottle so I could have a couple of minutes peace to get dresed: 12:50.

- Scott got home at 12:55. He played with the kids so I could do my hair and make-up in relative quiet.

- Packed up the boys and headed out to lunch. Drove to Friendly's and played "Find the Halloween Decorations" on the way to keep Walker from falling asleep. We got so into it and so roudy that we actually made Caden cry.

- Had lunch with the boys. Caden loves french fries. Got a call from my Dad saying he and my mom could watch the boys that night if we wanted to go to our friend's Halloween party that night...Had asked my niece if she could watch them, but she had to watch her own siblings.




- After lunch we drove down the street to Building 19 to see if we could find something to make into a costume for the party that was only a few hours awy. Scott came across a green graduation robe and that inspired us to make him into a Slytherin Quidditch player...actually a really "bad" version of a Quiddich costume, but we only had a few hours and we figured our friends would get a kick out of it. We hit the dollar store next door and found a hate to go with Scott's costume. We also found a knight costume for Walker -- for ONLY $4!!! He seems very pleased with it.

- On the ride home I decided I could go to the party as a "baby in feetie pajamas." I had a pair of footie PJs at home that I bought years ago AND it was really cold out and I figured it would be comfty. Then, as we drove, I came up with the idea of going as Max from "Where the Wild Things Are," as my footie PJs were gray.

- Got home and Googled "Where the Wild Things Are" to see what the costume really looked like. Then I went out to iParty to find a king's crown and stopped into the TJ Max that was next door to see if I could find a gray hat or hoodie. I ended up finding a really cool fuzzy hoodie...for $20. I looked at through the whole store and it was the best option...so I decided to spend the $20 even though I was just going to cut it up.

- On the way home I stopped at the supermarket to get some sweets to bring to the party.

- 6:45: Got home and had 30 minutes to throw the costume together. Got the PJs out of the closet and threw them on. Figured out how to get the hood to work. Cut the hood out and then constructed the "horns/ears" from the left over material. Hot glue works WONDERS! Attached the crown and then cout out some felt claws for my feet. Wah-la! I was Max :)



- Scott had the boys feed and packed up and we headed off to drop the boys off at my parents'. Then we were off to Tewksbury for the Halloween party.

- Our friends were surprised to see us, as the last they heard, we weren't going to be able to make it. They loved our costumes!

- It was a small party, but it's always fun to hang out with friends. We chatted, ate, and joked. We even watched a bit of the Yankee vs. Angles game, but had to leave before it was over -- 12:30 in the 13th????

- Drove home. Made good time as there wasn't much traffic at 1am. Picked up the boys and brought them home. Walker stayed asleep, but Caden woke up. I gave Caden a bottle and settled him into his crib. Scott got on the computer and I sat on the couch and hand-wrote my list. Scott joined me on the couch and I cuddled with him until I fell asleep...not sure what time that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment