Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday 10/15/09 - AFTER WORK

- Got home at 1:45 and updated my blog while I waited for Walker's bus to arrived. Heard the bus coming down the street and ran out the house and got there and they let Walker off the bus.

- Went back in the house so Walker could get some toys to take to lunch with Scott and Caden.

- Met Scott and Caden at Friday's for lunch. I just got a garden salad, as I had had pasta earlier at work. Scott ordered a entree salad, but it came back with some really dried out chicken, so he sent it back and we had to wait another 10 minutes for his food. The manager did take it off our bill, so we had lunch for 3 (we don't order anything for Caden) for $15.

- Got a text from my sister that Madison was doing okay, but the doctors wanted to watch her for a while. Got a photo of Madison in the hospital (looking very happy with herself) from my mom's phone.

- I took Walker and Scott took Caden. I took the "long way home" in hopes that Walker would fall asleep, but he did not. No nap for him. No nap for me. Caden did fall asleep for Scott, so he's taking his nap.

- Took a call from my boss on the status of a project and then jumped on the computer to check email.

- Posted my blog update to Facebook.

- Wiped Walker's butt and then got him a cup of pudding...yeah, those two things really shouldn't be in the same sentence...

- Saw on Facebook that my next door neighbor had a baby boy today. Rang the doorbell of my upstairs neighbor to pass along the news. She stopped in to see the announcement and we chatted for a bit.

- Caden woke up from his nap, so let him play around on the floor for a while, then once he started getting into to much, I put him in his high chair and gave him some snacks.

- Scanned a photo of me for the Jade Forest page.



- Helped Walker find batteries for a flashlight so he can find a toy he's looking for...and wants me to help him find, but it's a little toy and I don't even know where to begin looking for it.

- Tried to find a "little guy" that Walker wanted to play with. Found PART of the guy, but not the whole toy. Did manage to get his room in the "searching" process, so he may not have been happy that we didn't find what he was looking for, but I was happy to finally get the room clean. Also got many of his action figures/lego figures/mini figures (the list seems endless) organized and in their designated bins (yes, I have designated bins for each type of "guy"...makes it a little easier to find a specific toy if he's looking for it. YET it only works IF he puts the toys back where they belong.)



- Changed Caden's diaper and put him in his PJs (after chasing him around the living room...he moves fast for still only being able to crawl). Brought him in the kitchen and gave him some crackers while I got Walker's dinner ready. Gave Walker his dinner and then fed Caden.

- Finished feeding Caden. Gave him a bottle of juice so I could update my list and check in on Facebook. I need a short break after all that cleaning.

- Caden finished his small bottle of juice and I let him play for a little while. Then I got him a small bottle of formula and rocked him in the glider while we watched the end of Diago.

- Just before 8:00, I put Caden to bed and then sat on the couch with Walker and drew stormtroopers with him. I made the troopers, he gave them blasters and put them on some stairs. He wanted to mimic a picture that was in Star Wars comic book he had found in the house earlier in the day.

- I drew the picture Walker wanted and then I turned on Survivor. Walker laid on the couch to watch it for a while with me, but then fell asleep.

- Put Walker in his bed after Survivor and then sat back on the couch to watch CSI while the house was quiet. Scott called to see what I was doing and I told him I was watching TV. He said he had to stop at Walmart for a new recycles bin and told me not to fall asleep.

- Scott got home a little while later and I was ALMOST asleep, but not quite. I got up and went into the kitchen to make dinner while Scott packed up the trash. I cooked up some chicken and added it to some rice on the stove and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Went into the living room to veg...AND I did end up falling asleep. Scott woke me up after the timer went off and I went into the kitchen to get my dinner. We came back into the living room and watched the end of the Mentalist and then the news. I believe I fell back to sleep sometime before the news ended. I don't recall seeing the sports segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment