Saturday, October 17, 2009

Friday 10/16/09 - MORNING

- 3:45: Woken up by Walker saying "Mama, I have poop in my bum." I got up, brought him to the bathroom and wiped his bum. I told his that it was still night-time, so he would have to go back to bed. He started to whine "oooohhh. I wanted to sleep with someone." I was too tired to argue, so I agreed to sleep in his bed with him. We both fell asleep pretty quickly.

- 6:40: I hear the alarm clock going off in my room. I get up, look at the clock, and am confused at the time, "has it really been going off for 25 minutes?" I turn it off and leave the room but then remember it's FRIDAY and the alarm clock isn't for me, it's for Scott. I go back into the room and tell Scott that I turned off his alarm clock and ask him what time he REALLY needs to get up. 7:00 he tells me. Caden is now awake, so I take him out of the crib and go and change his diaper. He's soaked through, so I completely change him and put on his clothes for the day.

- I turned on cartoons for Caden as he crawled around on the floor and I grab a spool of thread to do a quick "take in" of a pair of pants for Walker that are too big for him. Caden managed to crawl under the coffee table and when he came out and pulled himself up on the edge of the table, he looked to be chewing on something. I stuck my finger in his mouth and found two tiny Lego pieces...sigh.

- It's now creeping up to 7:00 and neither Scott nor Walker are awake. I pop my head into the bedroom and tell Scott he has to get up in a few minutes. I go into Walker's room and start waking him up. I find a shirt to go with the pants that I took in. It's a VERY chilly and rainy morning, so I want to make sure he's wearing a long sleeve shirt.

- I go back and tell Scott "Honey, it's 7:00. Time to get out of bed." He says "I said you had to wake me up at 7:00, not that I had to be out of the bed by then." I groaned and said "Well, I have two of you who need to get out of the bed and I can't be in two places at once." He told me it was more important to get Walker up.

- Walker was still laying in his bed, so I picked him up and carried him out of the room and into the living room (Walker laughing the whole time) and then smothered him with kisses to keep him laughing and in a good mood. It's now just past 7:00 and I tell him he has to get dressed. He says "Wait, I need milk first!" Rather than arguing, I go into the kitchen...Caden chasing me along the way...and get him a cup of milk. I go back into the living room and get Walker dressed while he's drinking his milk. I try to put on the pants I took in, but I took them in too much, plus Walker decides it's then that he needs to pee. I take the pants off and he goes to the bathroom while I try to find another pair of pants for him to wear. The shirt I find doesn't exactly go with the pants, but now it's 7:10 and I'm running out of time, so I decide not to care.

- I go into the kitchen and pack up his lunch bag while Scott is in the bathroom. I put Walker's back pack by the front door and grab both his jacket and a sweat shirt, as it's cold out today and I don't know where his winter jacket is. I get Walker bundled up and then go make a bottle for Caden and put him in his high chair outside of the bathroom door so that I can bring Walker to bus stop.

- I bundle myself up, run out to the car to get an umbrella (can't seem to remember to bring them back INTO the house) and come back in to get Walker. I look out the window and see my neighbor a few houses down coming out the door with her daughter, so Walker and I head out the door as well. We get to the bus stop about 10 seconds before the bus.

- I walk back to the house with the neighbors chatting about how the buses seem to be running early lately and one neighbor offers up a new Columbia coat for Walker that she doesn't need for her own son.

- I stop on the back porch to pull out the recyclables (Scott didn't want to put them out the night before because it was stormy). I then go into the house and get the remaining recyclables and put them on the curb.

- Scott is out of the shower and I bring Caden into the kitchen and we watch the Today Show while I clean the George Forman Grill that I used for dinner TWO NIGHTS AGO! Scott makes himself something to eat on his drive to work and I give Caden some Cheerios and give a kiss to Scott as he heads out the door. I give Caden some bananas to go with his Cheerios and get on the computer to recap my morning before it all leaves my head.

- 8:15: Time to get myself dressed..
0
00002
53333044444444444444140.00....
(That would be Caden getting into the computer while I was getting dressed)

- 8:37: Dressed. Hair done. Make-up done. Socks on Caden. Check email.

- 8:55: Time to head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment