Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday 10/5/09 - AFTER WORK

- Hit the road and there was very little traffic. Nice! I should be able to get to Rockland before kung fu starts.

- Listen to the Bill Belichick interview on WEEI during my commutes. I love that segment. It's one of the highlights of my week, mostly if it's after a win.

- Got to the kung fu studio about 5 minutes before 6:00. Was greeted by Walker and gave him a hug and a kiss and asked him how school was. He said "it was good." When I asked him what he did he said "I took a nap." Well, at least he enjoyed it...

- Got inside and found Caden crawling around the workout area. He was excited to see me. I gave him a kiss on the head and went upstairs to the dressing room and changed into my workout clothes.

- Caden sat in his baby chair drinking a bottle while I took class. Walker played with Legos and watched TV in Scott's office.

- Did a whole set of warm-ups. 600 assorted punches. 90 assorted kicks. Lim Bo Kern 3 times. 18 Elbows 2 times. Little Open Gate once. Then Caden started to fuss and when I got him out of the seat I found he had completely leaked through. My workout for the night was now over as I had to completely change Caden's clothes.

- After class, chatted with some students for a while and finished dressing Caden then went up stairs to get out of my kung fu clothes.

- Had Scott get Caden packed up to go and helped Walker pick up the Legos that were spread all over Scott's office.

- Got the boys loaded into the car and headed home, with a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts to get Walker a bottle of milk and some Munchkins that he wanted. I got myself an iced coffee. I deserve it :)

- Drove home while chatting with Walker about how his day at school was. He said "You're right mom, a full day isn't too bad. I had fun." But then he asked "is tomorrow a half day?" I said "yes," and he asked "What is the next day?" I said "A full day." "Then what?" he asked. I said "2 more full days." "Then what?" "3 home days," I said, "because Monday is Columbus Day." What is "Columbus Day?" he asked. Hmmm...try to explain that one to a 5 year old. I told him the Columbus was a captain of a ship and he believed that there was something on the other side of the ocean, but others didn't believe him. I told him that Columbus sailed across the ocean and found where we lived and so we celebrate that. Not sure if he completely understood, but from there we went over "full days," "half-days," and "home days" until we got to Christmas vacation and tried to explain to him why he gets 2 weeks off. He asked "What about after that?" I said "Lets wait awhile before we talk about that."

- Arrived home at 7:55 and brought the boys in the house, finding a bag hanging of the door nob of the front door.

- Got in the house and Walker first looked in an Old Navy bag that I told him had a new shirts for him and his brother. He was excited about them.

- Set the DVR to record "Dancing with the Stars."

- I then read the note on the bag from the front door. It was from the upstairs neighbor. I had told her that Walker was having a hard time adjusting to kindergarten. She had picked up two books for him about "the first day of school." He seemed very excited about them and flipped through the pages of one of them and enjoyed it. Then it seemed to kick in what they were about and he got kind of pouty, but I think he really does like them. He's just getting himself worked up.

- Got Walker a cup of milk and gave him some covers, as he complained he was cold. I think he's just tired because he didn't take his usual long afternoon nap.

- Helped Walker write a note to Sue, our neighbor.

- Got on the computer to update my list.

- Caden had fallen asleep in the car and was still asleep when I brought him in, but he woke up and I brought him into the kitchen to feed him dinner while I watched a bit of "Dancing with the Stars."

- Helped Walker lay a blanket down on the living room floor because he wanted to lay down there.

- Played with Walker and Caden on the floor in the living room for a bit, until Caden took a tumble and bumped his head and got upset. Sat with him on the couch for a little while and gave him a bottle.

- 8:45: put Caden to bed and sat with Walker on the couch and highlighted "school days" and "home days" on his calendar, so he could keep track.

- Then FINALLY put together Walker's Lego "monster" that he bought with his own money last week. He helped me put some of the pieces together.

- Scott called to find out what he should pick up at the supermarket. Hadn't had a chance to make a list, so walked through the kitchen opening the fridge and cabinets to find out what we needed.

- Walker then wanted me to build some sort of structure out of other Legos, but it was getting late and I refused to pull out any boxes of Lego parts. I told him we could to it tomorrow night.

- Walker started to get cranky, so I told him it was time for bed (it's a late night for both the boys). I brought him into his bed, read him one of the new books that Sue upstairs bought him and kissed him good night.

- Turned on Monday Night Football and jumped back on the computer before Scott got home with the groceries.

- 10:10: Scott got home. Helped him put away the groceries and started dinner after washing out a pot.

- Changed into my pajamas.

- Finished dinner and went into the living room with Scott to watch "Castle".

- Finished eating dinner and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment