Sunday, October 11, 2009

SATURDAY 10/10/09

- 6:00: Walker wakes up and wants to watch "Clone Wars" again. I turn it on and try to fall back to sleep, but Walker is talking too much. I get up and brush my teeth, get Walker a cup of milk, and sit down at the computer to transcribe my evening list notes to the computer and start this morning's list.

- "Clone Wars" is over and I turn something else on for Walker. Caden fusses from time to time, but he's not up yet. I try to keep Walker quiet, so Caden can sleep longer...it's still SO dark at 6:30 in the morning, it seems wrong to have everyone up so early on a Saturday.

- Catch up on email and FB.

- Caden woke up. Got him out of crib and changed his diaper.

- Checked in on the New England Garrison boards and passed the word on to Facebook that I'd be trooping at the Barnes & Nobel in Hingham.

- Got Walker and Caden breakfast (apples and peanut butter for Walker. Apples and bananas for Caden) while watching the morning news. Sox loose AGAIN.

- Post lists to the blog and then post a notification to FB.

- Hit Scott's snooze button and went into the kitchen to check on Caden's progress with breakfast. Decided, now that he's almost one, to see if I could get him to use a sippy cup -- YAY! I succeeded!

- Posted "It Happens" to my blog. That song pretty much sums up most of my days - LOL!

- Sat and ate a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats while watching the Today show with Caden...who seems to be getting a kick out of his sippy cup.

- Scanned some pictures Walker drew of him playing lightsabers with his family and posted them to Facebook.

-Got Caden a bottle and registered for Lego T-shirts for Scott and myself.

- Went through a big bag of hand-me-down clothes that a friend gave to me for Caden. He's going to be all set for next summer, that's for sure.

- Arranged to get my niece to watch the boys at the bookstore while we do our Troop there.

- Talked to my sister Kellie on the phone to tell her I was stealing her daughter to babysit my boys.

- Got Walker some clothes to wear (including a Lego Star Wars t-shirt). Then put him in his Rex costume, because he wanted to wear it. Got to find Caden some Star Wars clothes to wear and then get myself dressed.

- Set Walker up on the computer to watch Star Wars Legos on YouTube...so I can get dressed in peace....It wasn't so peaceful. Caden screamed from his crib the whole time.

- Emptied the sink and ran the dishwasher. Packed Caden's diaper bag. Got Caden dressed. Tried to keep him entertained while I tried on my Imperial Officer's uniform to see if I fit into the "pre-pregancy" uniform again - I DO! Find my hat, belt, and boots. Iron my hat (it got all crumpled. Did my hair and make-up. Gave Caden a bottle of juice and laid him down in his crib to take a short nap before we head out to pick up Katie and go to the Troop.

- Check email/Facebook to see if anyone will be coming out to see us at Barnes & Nobel.

- Chatted with my neighbors, via the kitchen window, about the pending birth of their second child, who is due on Monday.

- 11:53: Got Caden packed up and packing up the car and heading out the door. I have a TROOP TODAY! YAY!

- Stopped at Dunkin Donuts and picked up iced coffees for me and Katie, and a chocolate milk for Walker. Headed to Randolph and picked up Katie and then off to Barnes & Nobel in Hingham.

- Waited about 10 minutes for Scott to show up, as he had Caden's stroller in his car, and then we all headed into the book store. Katie watched the boys as Scott and I went into the staff room to change into our costumes with the other 501st members who were trooping with us.

- At 2:00, Scott and I -- both dressed as Officers -- two stormtroopers (Joe and Chris), and one Rebel Trooper (Justin) hit the floor of Barnes & Nobel. There were LOTS of kids waiting for our arrival. We walked the store and then settled into a picture spot for a while as we got a line of kids who wanted to take our pictures and shake our hands. The B&N staff said they have NEVER--in all the special events they've done at the store--had a turn out like this before.



- My friends Fil and TD showed up with their boys and wives. I hadn't seen either of them in a loooooong time and I hadn't seen the boys. It was great catching up.

- Walker had been mopey right after we got on the floor--because we had left him with Katie for 45 minutes--but once I told him he could get one of the Lego Visual Dictionaries (what we were their "celebrating"), he brightened up. He followed me around the store, in his Rex Halloween costume, as I did meet-and-greets with the kids and adults around the store.

- I brought Walker over to the kids department to make a Stormtrooper mask and then we walked to the back of the store to do the trivia contest so that he could get a sheet of stickers. They made me do the harder "master" version and I got 19 out of 20 -- OH YES I DID! Walker is lucky to have me as a mom.

- We entertained costumers for about 2 hours and then did a group shot around the Star Wars display. The B&N staff thanked us again for coming out. They were totally wow-ed. We told them to drop us an email if they ever have another "Star Wars" celebration.

- We got out of our costumes and I bought Walker his Visual Dictionary book and got Katie a book she wanted (that was her payment for baby sitting at the book store - lol!). Then we all drove across the shopping center parking lot to Bertucci's and had a late lunch -- we are ALL starved!

- After lunch, Scott took the boys home and I took Katie home. I stopped at the mall to do some research for a baby announcement that I'm working on, but the store I wanted to check out is no longer there :( So I got back in the car and went to Michael's to check out papers, ribbons, and whatever caught my eye. I picked up a few little things, but on the way home the perfect idea came to me. I probably won't need the items I bought, but I think they helped spark the inspiration.

- Got home and ALL the boys were sleeping, but Caden quickly woke up. I picked him up, put him in his high chair, gave him some snacks and a bottle of juice and updated my list, since I've been gone ALL day. It's now 7:45.

- Check in on Facebook, email, and NEG boards to see how the other troops went around New England.

- All the boys wake up. Changed Caden's diaper and put him in his PJs. Put Walker in his PJs. Scott feeds Caden his dinner, I get Walker his dinner. Walker is still very tired, so I help him eat.

- Scott put's Caden to bed while I sit on the couch with Walker for a little while, and then he puts Walker to bed: 9:15.

- I turn on "Project Runway" on the DVR (I recorded it on Thursday) and lay down and cuddle with Scott to watch it, and fall asleep half way through...will have to watch it again another time.

- Wake up at 12:30 as Scott is preparing to play some video games. Ask him to get me a bowl of cereal before he starts, as I didn't have any dinner. I eat the bowl of cereal as Scott watches the end of some James Bond movie before starting his game. I get up, put my bowl away and pop online quickly just so see if there is anything new.

- 12:59: bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment