Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday 10/5/09 - MORNING

- 6:15: Alarm clock goes off, and I get up. Hmmmm...maybe it's that easy when you go to bed at a decent hour (10 or 11).

- Update yesterday's list and post it.

- 6:40: Caden starts making "waking up" noises. Go in and he looks up at me with a big grin (I love that grin). I take him out of the crib and head to the living room. I see Walker head to the bathroom -- good, I won't have to wake him up -- I say "Good morning, Walker.)

- I spend the next few minutes trying to change Caden's diaper and dress him....he likes to try and crawl away during the entire process, so it takes longer than it needs too.

- Walker starts getting anxious about going to school. I ask him if he wants a cup of milk and he says no. He finds a Star War pop-up book and asks to look at it. I tell him "sure, but be careful with it, I think that one is mine." (I we have two versions of the book in the house. One is his, one is mine...so it doesn't get ruined). He looks through the book but wanted me to find his own book. We look around the house, but can't seem to find it. He uses this to cause himself to get more upset and then starts into the "I'm going to miss my family...." Sigh, I was hoping we could have one easy morning.

- I give Walker his clothes and he asks for a cup of milk. I help him get dressed and try to keep him cheery.

- We sit on the couch for a few minutes looking through a "reading book" that he brought home last week, trying to get him excited about going to school.

- Wake up Scott as it's getting close to the time that the bus is suppose to be here.

- Wrote a note to Walker's teacher about being absent and pack up his lunch.

- I head into the the den to find his back pack and hear and see his school bus go by...in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION! We all start to scramble. I look outside and see the neighbor across the street bringing her daughter out. I tell her the bus already went past. She offers to drive the kids to school, but then notices the bus is sitting on the corner at the other end of the street. We quickly get Walker's sweatshirt and backpack on and Scott runs him down to the other bus stop.

- I go and check in to see what Caden is getting himself into in the kitchen (the cart of bottles, cups, and bowls) and make him a bottle before settling him in the living room.

- Quickly update my list before going to get myself dressed.

- Pulled out an outfit and ironed both the pants and shirt. Caden joined me in the kitchen while doing this, so once I was done, I picked him back up and put him in the living room with his bottle.

- Went into my bedroom and got dressed.

- Changed the sheets in Caden's crib.

- Put socks and a sweatshirt on Caden.

- Hair; make-up; pick-up Caden off the bathroom floor after he falls down trying to pull himself up on the toilet; get an eyelash out of my eye.

- Get ready to GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment