Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday 10/7/09 - AFTER WORK

- Stopped at the post office on the way home to mail the bill the I meant to mail at work...sigh.

- Got home and ended up waking up the baby when I opened the door. Got Caden and let him crawl around the house for a few minutes while I took off my coat and put my keys and bag away.

- Changed Caden's diaper and then played with him in the living room for a little while. Tickling and making him laugh.

- Went into the bedroom, where Scott was resting on the bed, and chatted with him about plans for the weekend, while Caden crawled around on the bed.

- Put Caden in the stroller and walked him down to the bus stop to wait for Walker. The bus showed up about 2 or 3 minutes later and Walker gave me a big smile as he got off the bus. He was looking forward to seeing me all day. The three of us walked back home chatting about what he did at school today.

- Scott had gotten up while we were at the bus stop. I brought the boys in the house and Scott asked Walker what he did at school.

- Walker asked me to draw more clones and Jedi for him and I told him after I ate my lunch.

- Scott made us sandwiches while I fed Caden his lunch. We chatted about getting together with friends on Friday and I told him how I had "extended the olive branch" to another friend and my hopes for that.

- After lunch, I helped Scott move our old couch off the back porch and to the curb. Tomorrow is trash day.

-Scott packed up dinner for Walker as we decided I'd bring him to his kung fu class tonight and then take class myself.

- Scott went down for a nap while I sat on the couch and drew Jedi and Trooper for Walker (he wants to make a book) while trying to keep Caden from getting the papers and markers.

- 3:15: List update!

- 3:19: quick check in on email before getting the boys ready to head to Walmart before kung fu.

- Put the boys into the car and drive to Walmart. Both boys fall asleep. I transfer both of them into a shopping cart, and though I tried to keep them comfortable and sleeping, they both woke up. Walker was cranky, so I went straight to the baby stuff and picked up formula and wipes and headed to the check out. Walker continued to whine that he wanted a Match Box Car, but I told him I only agreed to a candy. In the end, he got a bag of chips.

- Back in the car and off to kung fu. Walker needed to "poop" as soon as we got in so I had Scott help him in the bathroom while I got Walker settled. Once Walker was done going the bathroom, I changed him into his kung fu clothes and then went and sat with Caden in Scott's office as the waiting area was full with parents watching class. I drew Walker some "Clone Troopers, Jedi, and Roger Rogers" on the paper we started at home. Caden started to get cranky, so I brought him into the waiting area and let him play with the toys we have there and he was entertained by the other siblings that were waiting with the parents. Half-way through class, Scott asked for my assistance with one of his newer students. I asked one of the mom's to keep an eye on Caden and I gave the student some kung fu instruction.

- Class ended and I changed into my own work out clothes and sat and drew Walker a few more "guys."

- Class began, but I was tired and not feeling all that well. I took about half the class, but I felt worse and worse as the class went on and Caden was getting extremely fussy. It's hard to concentrate when there is a whaling child screaming at you. I decided to call it a night and went and get changed.

- Helped Walker change out of his kung fu clothes and packed up the boys. Class ended and Scott helped me get the boys into the car.

- On the drive home, both boys fell asleep. I brought each one into the house and both are still asleep. Walker didn't have a nap today, so he may be down for the count tonight. It would be nice to have a quiet EARLY night. I could really use it.

- 7:45: set DVR to record a couple of things I want to watch tonight...just in case the boys DO wake up OR I fall asleep.

- Check email.

- The boys are asleep early so I decide to grab a bowl of cereal (I'm really hungry) and watch "America's Next Top Model" in peace and quiet. I sit down on the couch and Caden wakes up.

- Give Caden a bottle of juice and let him play on the floor while I finish my cereal.

- Bring Caden into the kitchen an feed him his dinner. Bring him into the living room and change him into his PJs. Then we both settle back on the couch and watch "ANTM" (YAY DVR!).

- After about 15 minutes, get up and put Caden into his crib and go and finish watching "ANTM" in "peace and quiet."

- After "ANTM" is over, I turn something else on (but I can't remember what) and put my head down on the couch. The next thing I remember it's 10:00 and I'm looking at the door to my bedroom, which I can see from the couch, and I'm thinking "why is that door open?" I lay there and "listen" for a few minutes and it's very quiet, but then I hear some foot steps and Scott walks across the den and into the bedroom. "Oh, you are home," I say to him. "Of course I am," he replies. "I woke you up when I came in." "You did?" I said, "I don't remember that at all." "Should I make my own dinner then," Scott asks. "Yes please," is my response, "I'm super tired." And then I feel back to sleep.

- Sometime around 1:00 a.m. I woke up again. Chatted with Scott about how the boys had fallen asleep in the car and that I put Walker straight to be and that he still had all his day clothes on. Apologized for being too tired to cook and help with the garbage (it's trash night), and then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment