Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wednesday 10/14/09 - WORK

- Stopped for gas and coffee. Traffic was bad and got into work 45 minutes late :(

- Got a call from my TSB program client and heard that the both the Mayors of Boston and Cambridge have pulled out of the event...Obama is coming to town that afternoon, so we think it has something to do with that...grrrr.

- Jumped on Sparks, as I have a meeting in 10 minutes and need to have it done by noon.

- Had a quick meeting with a client about a "give away" he wants to create.

- Back to Sparks. The whole Design Team finished up their pages an hour and a half ahead of schedule - YAY Design Team!

- Chatted with a fellow "working mom" about "working mom" issues. Shared some support links and brainstormed about starting a support group of our own.

- 10:43: Rework TSB table sign layout for this afternoon's meeting.

- Checked email. Looked up some info for an old co-worker and passed it along to her.

- 11:15: Got changes from editor on The Science Behind... Program. Open the files to make the updates.

- Got interrupted to help the design intern and then again by my boss who tells me our negative machine in the print shop has died and we'll need to send out for negative. Help explain that process to the intern.

- Got a couple of things done on TSB program.

- 11:30: Assignment Meeting.

- 11:57: Back to TSB.

- Went down stairs to get lunch. Came back up and checked email while munching on fries and a cheese burger. Also making updates to TSB.

- Shared pictures of my new nephew, Conner, with my friend Lianne.

- Back to work on TSB Program. Printed out 3 copies to bring to event meeting later this afternoon.

- Flipped out at my boss about a printed project that someone made for themselves but SHOULDN'T HAVE...grrrrrr!

- Caught up on email before going to our weekly Staff Meeting.

- 2:00: Staff meeting. Continued to express my annoyance about the "gorilla" piece that was done earlier. Reviewed projects and discussed vacation days.

- 2:30: The Science Behind... Event meeting. They LOVED the program. Went over all the remaining things that need to be done for next weeks event.

- 3:30...what did happen between 3:30 and 4:00??? Did another test mock-up of TSB program and responded to emails that came in while I was in meetings. Sent Museum image and logo to someone who needed it for a volunteer fair.

- 4:00: Sent out Dogtoberfest signs to print.

- Print out project list so I can assign design projects.

- Chatted with the department editors about some changes to my TSB program and then consulted with my boss about placement of the Harry Potter tower banner.

- Went to the cafe and got a coffee and a sweet-treat!

- Came back up and started making the edits to TSB program that the editorial staff made, but got interrupted to make a special TSB Invite PDF.

- Back to Program.

- Chatted with co-worker about some of her wedding plans for next fall. Called my mom to tell her I was going to be late tonight.

- Back to TSB program. Finished changes and sent file to client.



- Did a quick "concept" layout for a poster that my boss needed.

- 5:50: updated my time-log.

- 5:55: uploaded some files to bring home that I'll need to work on.

- 6:02: Head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment