Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tuesday 10/13/09 - WORK

- Drove to work in the rain. Traffic was yucky :( Got to the office by 9:45.

- Got into the office and turned on the computer and pull up the programs I need for work. Feeling very tired, I talked Lianne into going down stairs to the café with me to get a coffee. I need caffeine!

- Back to my desk and then review Sparks edits with Lianne before she starts working on her pages.

- Check in with the design intern before starting my own projects.

- Review printers proofs for Linda in the Membership department who is away on vacation.

- Before I started the review, I updated my "to do" list and realized I had made a promise to a client to make some sample table numbers for a meeting she was having at 11 today. Had to do that first.

- Took a call from my TSB Program editor and told her I'd be jumping on that project as soon as I get two smaller things out of the way this morning.

- 10:40: Back to reviewing those Membership proofs. There are some issues with the file that are available via the printers web page for proofing. Left a voicemail and sent an email to the printer inquiring how to move forward.

- Passed sign samples to client.

- Check email.

- Received a box of magnets and sent an email to the client to let them know they were in.

- Updated my time log and started to work on TSB Program when I realized I missed a call. It was from the printer for the membership piece. Tried to call him back and get his voicemail. Left a message and back to TSB.

- Took a call from the printer to trouble shoot their proofing site so I could review the membership proof properly. Got a call from my boss to discuss a file I needed from him. Tried to finish reviewing the proof, but still having issues, so sent an email to the printer again.

- 11:50: TRYING to get back to TSB Program...

- 12:37: quick break from TSB to reply to a text from my sister. Then back to the program edits.

- 12:50: Went downstairs and grabbed lunch and sat at our meeting table with Lianne and chatted about our weekends.

- 1:30: Chatted with my Jr. Designer and told her she was not allowed to leave...she gave us her notice this morning. Found out where she's going and what she'll be doing. it's a great opportunity for her. Checked out some cool images that my boss sent to us and checked personal email.

- Finally approved ALL of the Membership proofs.

- Reviewed a sign layout for my Jr. Designer.

- 1:55: BACK to TSB program!

- 2:10: Scott called to give me an update on his day with the boys: picked up Walker at the bus. Went to a private with Sifu. Having lunch at the Hanover Mall.

- Back to TSB.

- 3:00: Show & Tell with the design team. Updated them on a meeting I had on Friday and then showed my TSB program and got some feedback that I then implemented.

- Consulted with Jr. Designer on some more sign projects.

- Finished up my TSB changes and then sent an email to my editor with the updated PDF.



- 4:07: trying to decide what to do next...Then had a quick meeting to discuss TBS table signs. Will update the layouts in the morning and have them ready for a meeting in the afternoon.

- Vegged on FB for a little while. Now it's time to go home: 4:35.

No comments:

Post a Comment