Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Monday 10/19/09 - AFTER WORK

- Drove down to the kung fu school to pick up the boys. I had a really hard time keeping my eyes open. I so hate traffic. It makes me super sleepy. I so close to pulling off the highway and taking a quick nap. I got to kung fu about 15 minutes into class. I debating about whether or not to participate, but I ended up spending 10 minutes in the waiting room chatting with Walker about school and his "wiggly" tooth. I just had no energy.

- I packed up the boys and headed home.

- On the ride home Walker reminded me that I promised to get him a feather for his helmet. We stopped at Michael's and picked up some feathers (Walker can't decide what color he wants) and a couple of other craft items to finish his costume.

- 7:27: Got home and Walker's "wiggly" tooth was hanging on by a "thread." On the ride home he asked if I could pull it out for him, but the time we go into the house he didn't want me touching it. I gave him a wet tissue and told him to hold it to his tooth while he watched Clone Wars. I changed Caden and brought him into the kitchen to feed him dinner. Walker called to me as I was finishing up. I went into the living room and he had his tooth in his hand...and looking very pleased with himself. The toothfairy will be paying us a visit tonight. Got Walker a little envelope to put the tooth in so it doesn't get lost and finished feeding Caden.



- 7:55: set the DVR to record "Dancing with the Stars". Typed up my list.

- Washed bottles and kept reminding Walker to eat dinner. Made a bottle for Caden and swept up all the cereal that he had tossed on to the kitchen floor.

-8:21: Get into my own pajamas for the night. Put away some folded clothes while I was in the bedroom.

- 8:30: Put Caden to bed.

- Break out crafting supplies to work on Walker's knight costume for Halloween. He wants armor for his harms and legs, so I decided to make my own out of "fun foam". I sit on the floor in the living room and draw and cut the pieces out while I watch DWTS. Walker wants to help, but I told him I had to do it myself. He decides to make his own thing and takes all my scraps and cuts them up into little pieces. He said he was making a plane.

- 10:00: It's late, and Walker is still up. I told him he could stay up until his dad got home so he could show him his missing tooth. I'm still working on his costume and I have him settle on the couch and wait for Scott.

- 10:15: Scott comes home and brings in the groceries. Scott goes and tucks Walker in while I unpack the groceries and put them away. Scott joins me in the living room and makes Walker's lunch while I start dinner.

- 10:45: Dinner is ready and Scott and I go sit on the couch and watch the end of Castle while we eat. After I finish eating I go back on the floor and finish gluing Walker's armor pieces.


(The chest armor was purchased at the dollar store. I made the shin and arm bracer)

- After I finish all the gluing, I clean up everything off the floor and then sit on the couch and make notes for my list while Scott is checking his email.

- 12:10: I get on the computer to update my list and do a quick check of email before going to bed.

- Scanned pictures and finally posted Sunday's entry -- 1:00 am.

- 1:07: night!

No comments:

Post a Comment