Saturday, October 17, 2009

Friday 10/16/09 - WORK

- Brought Caden to kung fu. Was running early - YAY - but when I got there an old friend that I hadn't seen in a while was there, so I stayed to chat for a bit. Got back on the road, stopped at Dunkin's for breakfast and headed into Boston.

- The weather is yucky, so traffic was on the "not-so-good" side of things. Got to the Museum 15 minutes late: 10:15.

- Took a quick bathroom break and then I went right into a meeting to discuss the Winter/Spring Adult Programming Brochure: what are the upcoming programs, when is it needed, is this version going to be the same as the last 3 or are we redesigning this on? It was decided to keep the same format and that our design consultant will do the redesign with "fake" text. I was originally just going to be the "art director" on this project, now I'm the designer AND I'm art directing a second version...sigh

- Had a quickie meeting to talk about a Courses Mailer that is coming up.

- Got back to my desk and finished the "Dogtoberfest" signs that are needed for this weekend.

- 11:30: haven't opened my email yet. It's already a bad day...sigh.

- Took a call from a client with some questions on projects she has on our list.

- Chatted with the Managing Editor about the status of a project that came in during the week.

- Sent an email to my printer about my The Science Behind... program.

- Unpack some boxes that were delivered to see what came in: Signs for "universal waste" (I don't know, don't ask...) and a proof for the hall directory/map.

- Need to restart my computer...it's just not acting quite right...sigh

- Augh! My inbox is "full"...sigh...now need to move 1400 messages to another folder (No, that isn't all of them...that is just 7 months worth that I'm going to move...I try to organize them, but it just gets out of control). It's just one of those days :(

- Had a couple phone conversations with a printer while I waited for my emails to move. Chatted with a co-worker about our evenings.

- Email still isn't working. Called IT Help Desk and they suggested "compacting" the folder. Still having some weird email things, but I think I can work around it for a bit.

- Email a client about their signs that are in.

- 12:00: The Science Behind.... program!



- Fielded a call from our sign vendor on the HP window graphics that we JUST got approval from WB on and are hoping to have installed by the Press Preview on Thursday.

- Stop working on TSB so I can upload the HP logo to the sign vendor. It was missing from their files.

- Chatted with coworkers about "department issues".

- Sat in on a meeting about a holiday invite.

- Work on TSB Map. Had the client come over so we could go over what she wanted ON the map.

- Continued to work on the map and then met with the Managing Editor to review the layout to make sure that everything I did made sense. Got some feedback from her and made adjustments to the layout.

- Went down stairs with co-workers to afternoon coffee and a snack (I got a chocolate covered pretzel) and to see the Harry Potter car that was suppose to be in the process of being placed in the Museum's lobby. It was not there, so after getting our coffee we headed back up stairs.

- Worked on TSB and then got a call that I had a package at the info desk. Went down stairs and picked up the proofs for the Harry Potter window graphics that we'll be putting on the lobby windows. THEY LOOK AWESOME! Called the vendor to give our approval, but also ask if they could upper-case "through".

- Back to TSB.

- Finished the TSB map and passed it on to the client for her review. And then prepped the files for the printer.

- Called my mom to tell her I'm late (yet again) and that I hope to leave soon.

- Had the the advertising manager, who is our HP point person, come down to see the HP window graphic proofs. I figured she'd enjoy it, because it was a battle to actually get it approved.

- Uploaded files to the printer for "The Science Behind..." program - YAY!!!!!

- Opened up my time-log program for the FIRST time today to put in my hours for YESTERDAY and today!

- 5:55: Pack up and head out!

No comments:

Post a Comment