Monday, October 5, 2009

SUNDAY - 10/4/09

- 6:45: Walker is standing beside my bed. I have him crawl under the covers to cuddle. He quickly begins squirming and asking to watch cartoons. I tried to convince him to relax and go back to sleep (hhmmmm...I'm sensing a pattern here!). 5 minutes later I say "fine, go in the living room." A minute or so later I manage to get myself out of bed and I turn on the tv for Walker and go and grab him a cup of milk. I give the milk to him and say "Walker, I'm going to go lay back down for a little while. You watch cartoons." Walker doesn't protest and I go back to bed.

- 7:15: Caden is babbling from his crib. I open my eyes and he's standing in the crib looking at us, babbling as if to say "Hey mom, get me out of this thing." Well, 20 minutes of sleep is better than nothing. I get out of bed and get Caden. He seems very happy to see me. Must have missed me from last night. I notice his diaper is full. I change him and give him some toys to play with in the living room.

- Boys are watching "Playhouse Disney" so I'm going to get on the computer...really, I just want to go to sleep :(

- Go and check to see what Caden has gotten himself into...I hear unhappy noises...seems to have just bumped his head pulling himself up on the edge of the entertainment center. Go to the kitchen to make him a bottle as he follows, crawling behind me. I shut the bathroom door on my way to the kitchen...Caden likes to get into things in there. Give Caden his bottle and settle him back in the living room.

- Get breakfast for Walker: peanut butter cracker, a banana, and another cup of milk. Find him some clothes to wear as he'll be going to kung fu with Scott this morning so I can, hopefully, pick up a couch that we're getting from a friend.

- Caught up with my High School Friends list on FB to see what people were posting about last night's reunion...while trying to keep Caden from touching the computer mouse.... and dropped some messages to those who weren't able to make it...

- Hit Scott's snooze button when his alarm clock went off. He doesn't really want to get up right at this very minute.

- Sent out "friend request" to some of my 1989 class mates that I reconnected with last night who were not on my list.

- Got Walker dressed and packed his snack bag to bring it to kung fu.

- Stuffed a bunch of clothes that Walker has grown out of into a bag and put it in the closet (I had noticed the growing pile in his room where I've put the "too small" clothes as I added another pair of pants to it and decided I better actually put them all in a bag before they ended up all over his room and mixed back in with the clothes that DO fit him.

- Got Caden out of "trouble" multiple times.

- Got Walker ready to go out the door and moved my car so Scott and Walker could head to kung fu.

- Called my dad to ask if I could borrow the car to pick up the couch that I was getting (yeah, I should have asked him this 3 days ago, but somehow...I just forgot). Sent a text to my mom asking if she can watch Caden while I picked up the couch -- yes, my parents live in the same house, but my dad had said my mom was sleeping and he was heading out to do an errand).

- Picked up the bath toys that Caden AGAIN emptied in the bathroom. He just LOVES to do that.

- Put Caden in his high chair with some Cheerios and went to put a Patriots "outfit" together for myself to watch the game later :) ... folded some clothes in the process.

- Fed Caden breakfast.

- Created a "football pool" chart for a pool I'm doing with my Dad and brother. I've been promising to make it for the last two weeks.

- Pack Caden's diaper bag.

- Munched on a cookie...it's 10:00 and realized I haven't had breakfast.

- Cleaned up around the couch in the living room so we won't have to do it when we switch the couches out later today.

- Dressed Cade. Packed up and headed to Nana and Papa's.

- Dropped Caden off with my mom and borrowed my dad's car to drive out to my friend Margaret's house in Wellsley.

- Arrived at Margaret's house and met her friend Jamie and chatted with them a bit about Margaret's new eating trend of only eating RAW food. She showed me some of the cook books she had for recepies. Some of the things looked pretty good, but I don't think I could live without cooked food.

- Got in our cars and drove over to Westwood (the couch was her friend's who lived there) and loaded a sleeper-sofa into the back of my dad's Pathfinder. That part of this errand went pretty well.

- Tied the couch down in the back of the SUV and headed back home.

- Got home and helped Scott take our old couch out of the house (a non-sleeper-sofa, and not all that heavy). Then proceeded to unload the new sofa from the car and try to get it into the house. Took alot of strength just to get it to the front porch. Stopped there for a while so I could vacuum up all sorts of spiders and bugs that had made their residence in the couch (it had been stored in a barn for the past several months. It was a BRAND NEW barn, but it was still a barn). Spent the next 30 to 45 minutes struggling to get the couch through our entry hallway and into the living room. Professional furniture movers we are not. Finally got the couch into the living room. Vacuumed it a bit more and settled it into position. It looks like it has never been used - SCORE!

- Headed back to my mom and dad's to return the truck and watch the Patriots game with my father and track all the other games being played today for our football pool. Definitely a GOOD game. The kind that has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Scott came over about half-way through the 2nd quarter. The boys were good for about 2 quarters, but got pretty cranky during the last quarter. We struggled to keep them settled while the last 2 minutes ticked down. We were all excited that the Patriots could hold on to the WIN!!!

- Updated the football pick sheets and chart I had made earlier as Scott took the boys home for a nap.

- Chatted a bit with my mom about my 20th reunion and then headed home.

- Stopped to pick up some milk at CVS and got in the house to find Walker awake, but Caden sleeping.

- Turned on cartoons for Walker and made myself a bowl of cereal. I had forgotten to eat breakfast and ended up having an egg and cheese bagel sandwich for lunch around 2:00 (that Scott brought for me) and munched on some chips. Was STARVING by the time I got into the house.

- 5:15: update my blog list.

- Checked email and FB.

- Scanned some photos of my dad to put up on his Facebook Fan page (yes, my sister and I have made one dedicated to him. There are just too many good stories that need to be shared.

- Checked work email.

- Took the boys to Friendly's because Walker wanted ice cream. He hasn't had dinner yet, but it would be too late to go out after dinner, so I let him have dessert before dinner tonight.

- Got home and figured out if I could connect Walker's "joy stick" video games to the TV in the kitchen -- I can! Let him play his video game while I fed Caden his dinner.

- Fill the bath for the boys.

- Put both boys in the bath together...it quickly becomes wetter than usual, but it does save time...and water. Washed up Caden who splashed and slipped around the tub the whole time. Took him out to dry him off and put on a diaper while Walker played in the tub. Caden crawled back over to the tub and continued to splash in the tub, though this time from the outside (he'd leans over and splashes the water).

- Got Walker all washed up and then put Caden in high chair and gave him a bottle while I got Walker out of the tub, dried off, and into his PJs...while trying to calm him down about going to school tomorrow. 3 days off and he had actually forgotten about it and now he's getting uptight again...sigh

- Struggled to get Caden into his PJs (the boy does not like to stay still) and then went and cleaned up the bathroom and emptied the tub.

- Got Walker dinner and settled Caden on the living room floor with a bottle.

- Pulled out the vacuum to clean up all the Cheesits that Caden dumped all over the floor while I was getting Walker's dinner together.

- 8:00 Got into my own PJs. It's been a loooong day.

- Checked NFL.com to see what today's game scores were so I can update the football pool info...my brother is kicking mine and my father's butt.

- Checked FB to see if anyone had posted anything about one of the photos I posted of my dad "baby sitting" my nephew by putting him in a cage (it was a joke). Of course it got lots of comments AND even gave his FB page another "fan."

- Called my dad to talk a little football and update him on his "popularity" on Facebook.

- Helped Walker eat his dinner. He's VERY tired. Got him a cup of milk and disconnected his video game from the kitchen TV while I was in there.

- Put Caden to bed.

- Cuddled on the couch with Walker while we watched Sunday Night Football.

- 8:30, brought Walker to bed, read him a story, and kissed him goodnight.

- Got online to send a reply email to a friend I hadn't caught up with in a looong time.

- Start packing the boys' bags for the morning.

- Washed Caden's bottles.

- Checked the weather online for tomorrow to know what clothes I should put the boys in.

- Made myself a PB&J sandwich for dinner. Yeah, dinner. The hubby is out with the boys, so I don't have to cook tonight, and I'm really too tired to do anything more than PB&J.

- Laid down on the couch at some point to watch something and pretty much fell asleep right away. Remember Scott getting home around 11ish, and I turned on the news and that is about the last thing I remember about Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment