Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday 10/5/09 - WORK

- Stopped at D&Ds to grab coffee and an egg sandwich.

- Drove to work.

- Stayed in my car for a few minutes to listen to the Tom Brady Monday morning interview for a bit.

- Got into the office; turned on the computer and made my last few changes to my Sparks pages and printed out 13 copies for our "clients".

- 9:30: Staff Meeting.

- 10:00: help Lianne with her Sparks pages. And finally got the symbol system "installed" into the Calendar page so that Membership and other clients can review and give us feedback.

- Checked work email: 10:40

- Checked the layout of a Membership mailer that a freelancer in Iceland (yes, Iceland...long story) is doing for us.

- Corresponded with a client on a map project and checked my SPAM filter.

- Made lunch plans to go to the mall with Lianne via IM.

- Corresponded with a printer on a proof that is coming in that I will need to review.

- Reviewed Sparks calendar page tweaks with the Editor on the project.

- 11:05: Decided to check my gmail and FB for a few minutes because I've yet to make a "to do" list and I have no idea what I really should be working on. Ah, Mondays!.

- 11:20: okay, time for that "To Do" list.

- Helped Lianne put together her Sparks Calendar section for client review: 13 copies. Passed collated issues to the Editor so they can be passed on to our internal clients.

- Checked "File Maker" to remind myself when I "The Science Behind..." program to the client for review.

- Chatted with JT about some projects he's running in the print shop and passed along some advice to Lianne on an envelope project.

- Got a call that I had a visitor at the front desk. Went down stairs to find the printer of my "Women In Science" invite there with my proof. We chatted about some printing/recycling options for the piece and then I took the proof upstairs for the editor to review. Printed out "masters" for Jess (the editor) to cross reference too.

- Called my client on TSB program to see when she thought I'd be receiving her feedback.

- 12:00 : Went to the mall with Lianne to pick up some cards. Also stopped in at Payless Shoes and Old Navy. Ended up spending $24 for two Star Wars shirts for the boys. Swung by the food court so Lianne could get lunch and then headed back to the Museum.

- Grabbed my own lunch at the Museum's cafe and headed upstairs to get back to work.

- Checked email, nothing came in while I was gone.

- Tried to start an ad project, but didn't have the text.

- Tried to start a signage project, but I didn't have the text.

- Shared my blog with my coworkers.

- Had a conversation with Jess about a meeting she had and then asked her to send me text for the ad project so I can do it quickly this afternoon.

- 2:00: Meeting about "The Science Behind..." signs and name tags.

- 2:45: consulted on some door exit signage.

- Quick check of email and then on to laying out a simple ad for the Advancement group.

- Consult on a signage project with Lianne.

- Passed the ad on to the editor.

- Typed up a follow-up on the signage and name tag meeting I had earlier.

- Chatted with my Jess about some edits that need to be made to my Women in Science proof.

- Took a call from Scott about some "missed calls" on my cell phone at home (I left it there this morning) and asked how Walker was when he got home from school. He also gave me a report on a biting and hitting incedent between Walker and Caden (Caden did the biting, Walker did the hitting).

- Finished follow-up email and sent it.

- Back to ad for Advancement. Editor passed along new text...it's much longer. Ad will have to be revised.

- Make changes to the WIS files and resend to printer.

- Consulted on a signage project with Lianne again.

- Sent updated WIS files to the printer.

- Updated Overnights Map and resent it to client with the 3 changes they requested.

- Sent final files for the Advancement Ad to the client.

- Send WIS proofs back to printer.

- Printed out an UPS ticket to ship proof. Had to run upstairs to get an UPS envelope, as we were all out of them down here. Packed up the proof to ship.

- Read an article about Holiday Inn's rebrand. Had noticed the new logo at the one down the street from Scott's kung fu studio over the weekend.

- Wrap up and head out! 4:55!

- Dropped off the UPS envelope at the front desk and headed to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment