Tuesday, November 10, 2009

WEDNESDAY 11/4/09

MORNING

- 6:15: Hit snooze button. 6:24: Alarm goes off, Caden wakes up. The day has begun.

- Pick Caden up out of the crib. He's very cheery. I put him on my hip and quickly notice a "warmth" radiating on my side...Caden is pee-ing and it leaks right up his side. I quickly pull him away from me so I don't get wet as well. Bring him in the living room and put him on the floor while I grab a diaper and find some clothes for him to wear for the day.

- Clean up Caden and change him and then give him a bottle of milk. We both sit on the living room floor together and watch Ni Hao Kia-lan. It's a nice way to start the day, cuddling together.

- 6:45: I hear Walker in the bathroom and then he comes out and joins Caden and I. The three of us cuddle on the floor for a few minutes, watch cartoons, and Caden sucks on his bottle.

- Walker moves to the couch and I get him a cup of milk and find him clothes to wear to school. Caden crawls around and plays with toys that are in the living room.

- I FINALLY get back to writing up my morning list...it's been a whole week since I did it last. Strangely it makes me feel "satisfied." I really enjoying writing this stuff down and when I'm TOO busy to do it, it makes me feel out of sorts.

- 7:00: Help Walker get dressed. Packed up Walker's lunch. Put on his socks and shoes. Found my own shoes. Put on his jacket as he watched out the window waiting for the other kids to head to the bus stop. Got my own jacket, scarf, and hat on. Put Caden in his crib and took Walker down to the bus stop.

- The bus was running a little late, so we had to wait a little longer than normal. Gave Walker a kiss as he got on the bus and then chatted with a neighbor on the walk back to the house.

- 7:30: Got Caden out of the crib and put him in his high chair with Cheerios. Started the "waking up Scott" process.

- Shrink-wrapped an Dragonclaw Fest basket for transport...I love that shrink-wrap stuff. It's so much fun. I want to shrink-wrap everything! Got Scott up.

- 7:53: I have to get dressed! Hair. Put on Caden's socks and teach him how to say "monster" and "thank you," both of which he repeated to me while I was putting the socks on him. Put him on the floor to play. Make-up. Pick Caden up off the kitchen floor as he discovered how to open the oven door and it came down on him...need to go get that new "child proofing item." ...he really IS a "little monster." Put Caden's coat and shoes on and pack him up to go. Give him and Scott kisses as they head out the door.

- Make out a bill. Update this list. Grab a breakfast snack for the road...and off to work: 8:34.



WORK

- Got in a little late 9:15.Chatted with intern about some adjustments she needed to make to her YVT layout. Went down stairs for coffee.

- 9:45: Adult Brochure meeting.

- 10:15: Finshed reviewing the layout of the Advancement magazine.

- 10:30: Chat with Managing Editor about concerns with the Advancement magazine and follow-up on the Adult Brochure meeting.

- 10:39: Back to my desk to check email before my next meeting. Scheduled a meeting with the project coordinator to review design assignments. Filled out my time sheet and opened my time log. Sent an email about a programming idea I had for the Adult Programming.

- 11:00: Meeting with design consultant.

- Went downstairs and got lunch: pizza and Doritos...yeah, super healthy -- not! Took a quick lunch and then back to work.

- Checked emails and then reviewed project list and made design assignments.

- 1:15: Reviewed design assignments with project coordinator.

- 1:30: Instructed intern how to make nameplates.

- 2:00: Design Assignments meeting and Show & Tell. Reviewed Senior Designer's concepts for a Save-the-Date card for an upcoming award dinner.

- 2:45: Listened to voice mail and returned a call about the installation of the Harry Potter price board patches. Called Scott back as he called me while I was in my meeting. We discussed what I'd be doing after I got out of work...I have to pick up some basket stuff at HomeGoods.

- 3:00: updated my list and time log.

- Checked email. Had a conversation with a coworker. Shut down my computer and went down to the exhibit halls to look at a sign need with my intern and then headed out to pick up the boys.



AFTER WORK

- Picked up the boys at kung fu and then headed to HomeGoods to find some final items for the Dragonclaw baskets I have to finish tonight and tomorrow. We also stopped in TJ Max since it was right next door. I only fund a small pack of wooden dice, but Walker wanted some little "guys" so I got that for him as well...I'm such a push over.

- Headed home and listed to the radio AND Walker singing in the back seat of the car. A few times Caden joined in. It's moments like that that really make me smile.

- Got home, turned on cartoons for the boys, and gave Caden a bottle so I could do a quick check of my email. Worked on my blog.

- Caden was getting into things, so I put him in his high chair and gave him some snacks. Walker had a pooping incident, so I put him on the potty.

- 7:30: Start a bath for the boys. Put the both boys in the bath at the same time. Walker didn't like that the last time, because Caden is too "wild" in the tub and Walker doesn't like to get spashed. I guess Walker has had a change of mind, because he asked to go in the tub with Caden and they both splashed together...getting ME very wet. Finished washing up Caden and got him out of the bath and dressed. Put him in his high chair while I got Walker out of the tub and put him in his PJs.

- Walker settled down in the living room and ate a cup of pudding and got ready to watch the new Clone Wars episode that was airing tonight. I went into the kitchen and fed Caden.

- I gave Caden a bottle and let him watch Clone Wars while I emptied the trash and tossed some old stuff from the fridge.

- Put Caden to bed and they swept up all the Cheerios, Fish Crackers, and other crumbs off the kitchen floor. Jumped back on to the computer to finish my Oct 21 highlight blog post. Made a couple of posts to my blog while Walker watched cartoons. Was able to get highlights from Oct 21 and 22 posted.

- Went into the living room and cuddled with Walker until Wow Wow Wubzy was over and then tucked him into bed.

- 9:27: Time to start dinner! Cooked dinner while doing some basket stuff. Decided to eat dinner on the couch...wrong decision...I ate, I fell asleep...I didn't get any baskets done :(

No comments:

Post a Comment