Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31 – CADEN’S BIRTHDAY PARTY

Well, this was a VERY busy day and I never had ANY time to actually even START a list. Saturday was both Caden’s 1st Birthday Party AND Halloween:


MORNING

- Got up early and worked on finishing all the stuff I needed to get done for Caden’s party. Had “grand plans” of getting the boys out of the house early so I could get down to the kung fu school (where we were holding the party) at around 9:00. Nope, that didn’t happen…not even close.

- Got the car packed up witih all the party stuff and got myself and the boys dressed. We all got into the car and headed out to pick up the birthday cake at Stop & Shop. I had ordered a “fall colored” cake that said “Happy First Birthday Caden” that I was then going to add a “little monster” decoration to to go with the party theme.



- Arrived at the kung fu school at 11:15 – 45 minutes till party time. I had LOTS to do.

- Some of Scott’s students helped set up tables in the back room while I started decorating. I strung streamers around the room and then hung my little pumpkin “sachés” from them. The kids would run around the room and get as many as they could in 10 seconds. Some had candy. Some had stickers. And some had MONEY!



- Walker helped by putting out the plates and cups. Scott called and ordered pizza. I had things 90% done by 12:15 when the first guest arrived. Not too bad being that I was running SOOOOO late.


PARTY

- We had about a dozen kids and about a dozen adults. Some of the kids (and some of the adults) came in costume – YAY! Walker had on his knight costume and Caden was in his dragon costume. Guests came dressed as: a baby bumble bee with her two bee keeper parents, a transformer, Spiderman, “Castle” from the TV show with the same name, and a princess. I put on my own “princess” costume.






- The kids played “pumpkin patch hunt,” “pin the face on the jack-o-lanter,” and made “little monster” puppets. By the time we were ready for cake, Caden was getting a little cranky, so he didn’t eat any of it at all. I think he’s crying in most of the pictures.






- Walker had a melt-down just before we opened presents because he wanted one of the “prizes” that one of my nieces won. We sent him to go cry in the office while I opened presents with Caden.

- At just before 2:00, I passed out goodie bags and people started heading out. Caden fell asleep.



- Some friends helped us clean up and we were all out the door just after 3:00.


HALLOWEEN

- Walker and Caden ended up taking a nap after the party. They needed it. Scott took one too. I put away party stuff and checked email.

- Walker got up just before it started to get dark and we got both him and Caden into their costumes. I put my “princess” costume back on and the 4 of us headed out for some Trick-or-Treating.



- Walker carried around TWO candy pails as he was getting treats for his brother (yeah, even though Caden can’t eat candy). After we did a couple of blocks, we swung by the house so that Scott could empty out what we got as they were getting too heavy for Walker. We walked down to the bottom of our street and back up again (a very steep hill) and by that time, Walker was DONE. He just wanted to go home. Scott wanted to keep going, but I talked him into calling it a night, as my feet were KILLING me from walking all over the place AFTER a day of being on them for hours.

- We dropped the candy off in the house and then we drove over to Nana and Papa’s so they could see Caden in his dragon costume. Then we took the boys to Bertucci’s for dinner, since I was far too tired to cook. Everyone thought he looked SO cute in his costume.

- We got home sometime after 10:00 and I quickly crashed. I don’t think I even stayed up long enough to watch the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment