Wednesday, November 11, 2009

SUNDAY 11/8/09 - FOOTBALL SUNDAY

- Caden woke up around 6:20. Walker came into the bedroom around 6:30. We were all in the living room waking up Andrea by 6:40 am.

- We all hung out chatting for a little while before Andrea had to head out...she had to get home and get dressed before heading into town for a fundraiser. Walker told me how they played lightsabers, and Candyland, and Star Wars games. Andrea was a big hit with Walker -- that isn't easy to do -- Bravo Andrea! Andrea also told me that Walker ate ALL his dinner without much prompting from her. That never happens with me. She must have the magical touch.

- Andrea packed up and headed out just after 7:00. I brought the boys into the kitchen and we all sat down and had some breakfast.

- Walker wanted me to help him draw some pictures, so we did that at the table, but I was getting pretty tired. Yesterday wore me out.

- I tried to entertain the boys, but by 8:30, I was hoping Caden would go down for his morning nap. I put Caden in his crib with a bottle of juice. I laid on the couch and got about a 10 minute nap after Walker stopped asking me questions. Caden finished his bottle and started to squawk, so I got up and we played for a while. About 45 minutes later I tried go get him down for a nap again...that didn't work at all.

- Finally about 10:00 I put him down with a bottle of milk and I managed to get a half hour nap. Better than nothing.

- Brought the boys into the kitchen again. Walker wanted me to make a s'more. Unfortunately we didn't have any chocolate. He was willing to do it with just gram crackers and a marshmellow. I "cooked" the marshmellow over the stove burner, but it got a little burnt and Walker wanted nothing to do with it, so I ate it. Would have been alot better with chocolate. Caden discovered he liked gram crackers.

- Fed Caden a late breakfast/early lunch and then washed some bottles and swept the kitchen floor (lots of gram cracker crumbs and Cheerios). Folded a basket of laundry as I found something for the boys to wear...Patriots gear, since we'd be going over to watch the game with Papa.

- Had all of us dressed and ready to go out the door by 12:55. A bit later than I had wanted. Left the house only to realize I left my cell phone behind. Circled back to the house and picked it up. The Patriots game had now started so we listened to it on the radio.

- Stopped for gas and coffee and finally got to my parent's about twenty past one. Got the kids in the house and juggled them trying to keep them happy while my dad and I watched the game.

- My mom got home from food shopping with my sister just after half-time, so my mom could then help to distract the kids...though Caden had gotten pretty cranky. Luckily the Pats WONE, so Caden's crankiness didn't rub off on me ;)

- Sat at the kitchen table and caught up with the football pool that I have going with my dad and brother...I'm 7 games behind my brother in the win column...he really needs to have a couple of bad weeks and I need a couple of good ones.

- Went out to the cars and switched the car seats back to my car from my dad's and then packed up the kids to go. Took the VERY long way home so that Walker would go down for a nap. Got home just after 5:00 (yeah, that isn't really that late of a nap for Walker) and brought the boys in. Caden is awake, but I put him down with a bottle he had when he left my parent's. Put Walker on the couch and wrote up my daily list while I waited for Scott to get home from the Cape.

==============================

It was a VERY long day and Scott got home late from the Cape. I was tired and so was he. I did talk him into going out to dinner with the boys so I wouldn't have to cook. We went out to The 99, but the boys got cranky and both were VERY tired. Neither ate much, so we packed things up and came home. After putting the boys to bed, Scott and I settled down to watch The Amazing Race and I'm pretty sure I crashed on the couch before 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment