Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NOVEMBER 1ST – 3RD

I have no clear memory what happened on these days. I think I was wiped out from preparing for Caden’s birthday and the crazy week before that with all the HP and TSB stuff that went on.

I stopped keeping my running lists. It was a combination of feeling overwhelmed by getting behind on my postings AND just not being able to get on the computer when I wanted. For some reason, I just didn’t have the energy to battle with the boys over it…Walker wanting to get on to watch his videos and Caden just getting into it everytime I was on it.

I looked through photos on my cell phone, and the only thing I took a picture of during these 3 days is of Walker who set up a “Lemonade Stand” in the living room. He say it on Max and Ruby and wanted to make one on his own. He came into the kitchen while I was cleaning and said “Mom, I want to make a lemonade stand, I need a box. I’m going outside.” I said “You’re not going outside (it was around 8am on a Sunday morning). You can do it in the living room.

So I give Walker a box and then he takes the lemonade juice boxes out of the kitchen and goes and sets up his stand. He then calls me into the living room and proceeds to “sell” me lemonade. I end up buying a whole box of them at a 25¢ a pack…is it really fair that I have to pay for these juice boxes TWICE since I’m the one who bought them originally?


Walker's Lemonade Stand
The yellow "square" on the white paper is suppose to be a "lemon"


Walker collected $2 from me for his juice boxes. Later that day we went to the dollar store and he bought two bags of army guys with the money he made. Clever kid!

I’m sure I watched Dancing With the Stars on Monday and Tuesday, but beyond that, I have no idea what I may have done during those days…


=======================================


I did keep my running list while I was at work on Monday and Tuesday:

WORK - 11/2

- Stopped for coffee and a donut on the way into the office. I needed something. Traffic wasn't too bad, but I stayed in my car for a few extra minutes after getting to the Museum so I could listen to the Tom Brady interview on WEEI.

- Got into the office at 9:20. Lianne is taking a vacation day and Fanny called in sick. Looks like I'm the only designer on duty today. I have a 3 hour meeting this afternoon, so after 1:00, no design will be done in MarCom today.

- 9:30: Staff meeting.

- 10:00: Check email and meeting maker.

- 10:05: Do some Photoshopping on an image the may boss needs adjusting. Made the change and gave it back to my boss t 10:15.

- Checked out a link to a play that freelance designer we use from time to time had done some work for. "Sleep No More" performed by A.R.T. in Brookline. It looks mesmerizing: http://www.americanrepertorytheater.org/events/show/sleep-no-more. I think I may check it out. Passed the link on to my hubby and my coworkers.

- Updated my work Time Log.

- 11:00: Sparks Weekly with Jess F. Went over the articles that will be in the next issue and assigned Designers.

- Helped an editor trouble shoot printing out a PDF of the Advancement Magazine...ended up printing it out for them.

- 11:45: Did a quickie sign for the Live Animal Center.

- Checked email.

- 12:10: Went down and got lunch. Ate and checked email and some quick FB-ing

- 12:25: Made a quick edit to the WIS program and sent it back to the client.

- 12:30: Made edits to LAC sign and sent it to client.

- Checked more email and then got ready to go to a 4 hour meeting for "Management Training."

- 4:30: Got out of Management Training meeting and then had a quick post-meeting.

- Checked email. Listened to voicemails. Made a couple of calls to help trouble shoot a problem a client is having with printing a project.

- Replied to a voice mail from an administrator from my old school who had questions about design internships here at the Museum.

- 5:13: Head home!


WORK - 11/3

- Got out of the house early, but had to stop for gas, and decided to stop for coffee, since I was passing DD's anyway.

- Got to the Museum about 8:50 -- WOW! EARLY!

- The office is full today as everyone is in. Caught up with those who were out and then checked out Halloween pictures of a Lianne's little one who was on Boston.com. http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/special/halloween/yourcostumephotos3/ Chatted with coworkers about the new Facebook set up and helped to explain the change.

- Had a pow-wow with staff members about special "Your Visit Todays" for next week and how to best handle it...looks like there is no way around it but to do FIVE versions -- sigh!

- Met with the design intern to go over some little details in YVT and plan out the special production for this week.

- Checked email and then tried to find an updated "Nameplate" file to pass on to our intern. Came up empty handed and realized the Jr designer, who just recently left, must have not moved them from her computer and to the server. Called IT to see if they could access her computer. Sent an email to the Jr. Designer to see if she could give me her password.

- Need to try and figure out what I'm doing today!!!

- Updated the Sparks "check list" sheet with the Feb/Mar issue schedule.

- Sent out a work request for patches to the HP price boards

- Mounted last minute LAC Calendar signs.

- Had a quickie meeting with project coordinator to come up with a list of all the projects that we place our Media Partner logo on.

- Reviewed Sparks proof.

- Socialized with my bosses daughter as she brought in her baby and we all "goo" and "gaa"-ed over him :)

- Discussed a sign project with one of my designers and then went down to the exhibit halls to review where the sign should go.

- Stopped at the cafe to pick up lunch: Potato soup and a Beef Pasty (no, not a typo, that is what they called it).

- Ate lunch and checked email. Facebooked. And then send out an email to a designer at the Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry to see if we could get some HP files from them rather than recreating them ourselves (they had the exhibit before us).

- Chatted with my boss about yesterday's management meeting.

- Reviewed some proofs from a direct marketing mailing that the Advancement division is doing.

- Had a brainstorm with the Managing Editor about some problems we need to solve.

- Watched a video on the "Magic Mouse" from Apple. It's pretty cool...but do you really want to spend $70 on it? Hmmmm....maybe if it means that since it's wireless, I can move it out of Caden's reach. http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

- Called Scott to check in with him on how the morning went.

- Opened and updated timelog.

- 2:00: Assignment Meeting

- 2:30: Sparks Planning Meeting

- 3:15: made a coffee run with Lianne...got a cupcake to go along with it.

- Called the client on the LAC Calendar sign to let her know it was ready to be picked up.

- Sent an email to a client about a completed job and gave them a heads up on the paper weight of the piece as they had a concern with it.

- Checked Jr. Designer's computer and moved nameplate templates over to the Design Intern's folder. Checked the files from my computer to see how they are set up.

- Prep Nameplate files to train intern on how to create them.

- Updated my project list by inputting dates that I have completed steps for.

- Reviewed poster layouts for the upcoming exhibit Identity.

- Checked and replied to email.

- Reviewed Intern's YVT layouts and made notes about alignment and spacing issues in the layout.

- Reviewed Magazine layout

- 5:11: Running out the door LATE

No comments:

Post a Comment