Friday, November 27, 2009

Wednesday 11/25/09 - THANKSGIVING EVE

Okay, new format. When life gets busy, there is no way I can keep an updated list. I get too far behind and the idea of going back just becomes daunting. SOOOO...I'm just going to highlight the important stuff :)

Walker woke up at 5:00 and came and laid on the couch with me. His fever was gone, but his breathing was really worrying me. It was fast and shallow. I let him sleep for a while, though I could not...because I was worrying :(

With Walker being sick and juggling both "working from home" and taking care of a sick little one, I hadn't taken a shower in 3 DAYS!!! I wanted to call the doctor when the office opened, and I knew if I didn't take a shower before I did that, then I never would...because with my luck they would have said "Can you come in right now." I headed into the shower at 5:30.

I got out of the shower and got myself dressed and ready for work, I popped on the computer to looked up "pneumonia" online and the symptoms they described sounded just like what Walker was going through. I woke up Scott and asked him if he could get up a little earlier today so I could get into work earlier...or at LEAST on time. I also told him my concerns about Walker's breathing. He said he would call the doctor's when he got to kung fu and make an appointment for later in the day.

Together we got the boys ready...it was harder with Walker, since he was so tired and just laid there limply :( I headed off to work and Scott went to kung fu.

I got into the office and got caught up on things. I had done a few projects from home, so I printed some of them out and passed them along to those who needed to review. I helped trouble shoot a last minute project and then finished up my Sparks pages for "2nd Editorial Review". Worked on a few other projects and had a couple of meetings.

Scott called to update me on Walker's doctor's appointment. It turns out he doesn't have pneumonia, but bronchitis :( They subscribed him antibiotics and an inhaler. Well, it's best that we know WHY he is sick and now we have meds to help him get better.

Headed out to lunch with my friend, Sandra, from Dublin at California Pizza Kitchen. I had a very yummy 5 cheese pizza...that deserves and EXTRA "YUM"... We only had just about an hour for lunch. Sandra and I could talk for HOURS, so it was sort of rushed, but we had great conversation about "personality types" which I had taken a workshop on a few months back. I SOOO wish Sandra lived closer than an ocean away. I miss her bunches!

Got back to the office a few minutes late for a management meeting. I brought Sandra with me to the office because she also knows Lianne and I thought they could chat for a few minutes before she had to go. I gave her a big hug and went into my meeting.

The Museum closed at 2:00 today for the holiday. I ended up staying until 2:30 as I had a couple of things I wanted to complete before I headed out for our 4 day holiday.

Had to stop by CVS to pick up Walker's meds -- $109!!!!!!!! OMG, I could NOT believe it. The biggest cost was $70 for a special mask to attach to the inhaler for kids. I figured it was best to get it, as I knew Walker would NOT take easily to putting something in his mouth and breathing it in. This special mask makes it alot easier. The pharmacist said that if I had a AAA card, the there may be a discount. I didn't have a card, but Scott does (he's on his mom's plan). She said he should be able to come back with prescription and get the discount...if there is one. I hope there is...I could use $14 back.

Got home and told Scott about how much the meds cost. He was shocked! Walker was sleeping. Scott said he had crawled into his bed (which he never sleeps in during the day) and fell asleep after lunch. He said his temp had started to go back up and he gave him Tylenol a little while ago. I unpacked all the meds and got some of the antibiotics ready and went into his room and woke him up enough to give him a dose.

I played with Caden for a while and then popped on the computer to let my FB friends and family know what is up with Walker. While I was on the computer I heard Caden in Walker's room pounding on a drum and then I sensed someone behind me. It was Walker. He was drowsy, so I picked him up and held him on my lap. Caden then came out and started to get jealous (yes, it has already begun) and wanted to sit on my lap as well, so I then had both of them on top of me.

After a while I got Walker to drink some juice and eventually the meds seemed to have kicked in because he had more energy. He even had an appetite, which he really hadn't had in a few days. I gave him some jelly toast and he ate the whole thing without any prompting.

We all played for a while and then I did some cleaning around the house. Walker has been obsessing about two tiny little Star Wars figures that he has misplaced and has had Scott and I searching everywhere for them. They can't be more than an inch tall. They could be ANYWHERE in the house, in the cars, or even at the kung fu school. They could in fact be completely LOST. But Walker NEVER forgets, so I told him that it was easier to FIND something if you cleaned and put things back where they belong. The concept seemed to be lost on him, but as long as I was "looking" he seemed fine to let me do what I was doing...because it was for HIM - LOL!

I promised Walker that we could make Turkey-Hand Cookies tonight. He's been seeing the activity on Nick Jr. for weeks and I told him we could do it, but I wanted to wait until Caden went to sleep. We traced out our hands on paper and I cut them out and told him once Cade was in bed, we could make up the dough.

http://www.nickjr.com/recipes/hand-turkey-frosted-cookies.jhtml

Got Caden into PJs, fed him dinner, let him play, and then changed him again before putting him to bed.

Made Turkey-Hand Cookies with Walker. We had traced our hands earlier and then we took those templates and traced them on to some cookie dough. Walker LOVES to mix stuff. I bought him an apron with a robot on it years ago and it's seem much love between baking and painting. What he doesn't like to do is touch "messy stuff" so when it came to the part when you have to use your hands., so I finished mixing the dough and making it into a big ball. At that point, Walker is fine to play around with it. We had alot of fun cutting out the turkeys and he would tell me who each one was going to be for. He wants to make them for his cousins :)

We cooked the turkeys and then I tucked him into bed after a bedtime story.

Scott came home a bit late and i was too tired to cook, so he brought home salads from Uno's...yummy! I had wanted to make pork chops, but the days activities wiped me out. I'm going to be so happy when everyone is healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment