Saturday, November 28, 2009

Friday 11/27/09 - BLACK FRIDAY

Well, after a couple of hours of shopping in the middle of the night, I managed to get about an hours sleep before one of the two boys woke me up. Walker crawled into bed with Scott and I a little after 6:00. As usual, he wanted to watch cartoons, but I tried to convince him to fall back to sleep. Then the OTHER ONE woke up. I asked Scott to get up and get him a bottle in hopes he's go back down for another hour or two. Unfortunately when Scott checked to see if he needed a diaper change, he found that Caden was soaked through, so he had to then completely change him. I kept cuddling with Walker, but by the time Scott got Caden back in the crib, Walker had enough of the bed. I finally gave up and went into the living room to turn on cartoons. Of course, Caden saw us leave the room and that meant there was NO WAY he was falling back to sleep.

I had really hoped that I would be able to grab a short nap either later in the morning or some time during the day, but that never happened.

Walker wanted to know "What are we doing today?" He wanted to go to a store and buy a toy. I explained to him that there was no way we were going anywhere near a Walmart or a Target. Scott told Walker and I to figure out what we wanted to do today.

I decided that I DID still want to do some Christmas shopping and I suggested we go to the new Big Lots store that opened in Taunton. I've seen commercials for the store for years, but there was never one near us. I wanted to check it out and figured it probably wasn't a major destination for most Black Friday-ers. I was right. It was pretty quiet.

We strolled around Big Lots and picked up a few little things. A couple of small gifts and Scott got something for the school. And of course, Walker got a toy...and a new Spiderman toothbrush.

We headed back home from there. The weather was really yucky...cold and rainy...so we had no real desire to pop from store to store with a 5 year old and a 1 year old.

We decided to stop someplace for lunch. Scott suggested TGI Fridays. I thought the place would be MOBBED being that it was a Friday and so many people had the day off. I couldn't have been more wrong. The place was pretty empty compared to normal. It was around 2:00 and we got sat right away.

We had a nice lunch, though Walker never eats much of his food. Caden had some baby food and a whole bunch of Cheerios...many of which he ate by picking up with a crayon. Yeah, odd, but it amazes me that he can actually do it!



It would have been a relaxing lunch had they not sat three annoying and immature young adults behind us. Actually it was more like one immature young man...he did most of the talking, and the two girls he was with really didn't say much, or at least not as loudly. He was going on and on and on about some girl he was dating who claimed she was pregnant and that he didn't believe her and that until she proved it was his he wasn't taking responsibility for it. He even went on about how a past girlfriend had done the same thing to him. Just as we were wrapping up, he got a call from the "possibly pregnant girl" and he was being SO rude to here and just plain obnoxious. We couldn't have gotten out of there fast enough...sigh.

I dropped Scott off at home and then took the boys for a "nap lap" in hopes that they would fall asleep so we could all go home and take a nap, but Walker didn't seem at all ready to sleep, so I decided to make another stop to do more Christmas shopping. Of course, Walker then fell asleep in the shopping cart. I picked up a few thing and then headed back to the car. Unfortunately the cold wet weather woke Walker up, so his nap didn't last very long.

I headed back home with the boys. Let them play. Did some cleaning, and then got them some dinner. Caden went to bed at 7:30 and Walker fell asleep on the couch watching cartoons.

Scott got home around 8:30. He called and ordered us some pizza, though there was no new Clone Wars on (Fridays are usually Pizza and Clone Wars Night). In fact there was no Clone Wars on at all. I watched some "Say Yes To The Dress" while Scott surfed the internet and looked up Star Wars MicroMachines on ebay that I wanted to get for Walker for Christmas.

I told Scott that I was contemplating going back to Old Navy the next day to pick up some Christmas stockings that were going to be on sale for $2 each (regularly $9.50). He was nice enough to call the store for me to find out what time they opened (since he had the phone over by the computer and i was all cozy on the couch by that time). I had him set our alarm clock for 6:30, as Old Navy would be opening at 7:00 the next morning. Then I fell asleep on the couch...of course I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment