Thursday, November 5, 2009

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23 – THE SCIENCE BEHIND… NIGHT

MORNING

- 6:15: Alarm clock goes off. Change Caden. Play. Start list. Play.

- Make a bottle for Caden. Now that he's 1, I try to introduce real milk by giving him a half formula, half milk in his bottle. He didn't seem to notice.

- Play. Wake up Walker. Cuddle with boys. Cartoons. Wake up Scott. Milk for Walker. Pack Walker's lunch. Dress Walker. Try to keep Caden out of stuff.

- Socks and shoes on Walker. Caden into high-chair w/Cheerios...place him outside the bathroom while Scott takes a shower. Coats on to myself and Walker. Off to the bus! 7:21.

- Get back to the house. One of the mom's from the bus stop drops off a little boys coat for Walker that she doesn't need.

- Work on a letter for kung fu students in the Children's program. Check email

- Ironed clothes to wear to work and to wear to "The Science Behind..." event later that night. Gathered up everything I need for the night's event. Dressed Caden. Dressed myself. Hair. Make-up. Pack up everything into the car. Left the house a half hour late :(


WORK

- Got in a little late: 10:20. Turned on computer. Caught up with co-workers. Sent TSB name tag files to print AGAIN because we needed more printed.

- 11:00: Went to a meeting about the Museum's "green" initiative. Meeting went longer than scheduled. Got back to the office at 12:50.

- Back to my desk and check email and take a call from my hubby.

- 12:05: Design a last minute Audio Tour Sign for the Harry Potter exhibit.

- Went to the mall to buy a gift and find shoes to wear to tonight's event. Also found a dragon costume for Caden for Halloween -- YAY!

- Came back and make some tweaks to the Audio Tour sign. Send it back to client.

- Go down stairs to try and get something to snack on as I didn't gave lunch. The cafe is closed so I ended up with snacks from the vending machine.

- Went to Weekly Coordinator Meeting.

- Checked email and started archiving finished projects. Chatted with co-workers who were preparing to work the night’s BIG event.

- Sent out the proofing schedule for the Sparks newsletter to the printer (3 days late…sigh) and reviewed the proof that was already IN - DOH!

- Went out to my car to drop off my work bag and stuff I picked up at the mall today and then came back up and got dressed...only to discover I left my camasol down in the car - doh! Oh well, I'll go without ;)

- 5:50: Shut down and head to the PARTY!


AFTER WORK

- Went down to "The Science Behind..." event. chatted with several of the people that I know...most of which were people who worked for the Museum ;)



- Scoped out the event to see how it all looked. Things did look great, but unfortunely because the Museum is SOOOO big, people get spread out and there looks to be no one there. You really need at least 600 people to make the place look full. People did seem to be having a good time though. The Dr. Martini demonstration seemed very popular and everyone was looking forward to seeing the Harry Potter exhibit. The food was very sophistocated. It was a little too sophisticated for my tastes, but the shepard's pie was yummy. The best part of the food was the desserts. There was this cool little pot-of-pudding (chocolate) IN a CHOCOLATE cauldron. It was awesome and VERY yummy.


Tree Person at The Science Behind... Event



"Witches Bar" at The Science Behind... event



Mr. Martini Demonstration


- Talked to Scott around 8:30 and he said "I thought you were only staying for a short time?" I guess I got caught up in the excitement. Scott picked up Caden from my parents and brought the boys home.

- I left the party at 9ish, but then when I got to my car I forgot that I left my bag with all my make up and hairbrush in the office. I had to walk BACK up to my office to get it. On the way down is when I grabbed the dessert and I shared it with my co-workers who were still working the registration table.

- Finally got on the road about 9:30. Scott called and ordered pizza from Papa Gino's. I picked it up on the way home, though I detoured through the secondary roads because they were doing construction on the highway.

- Got home just before 10. Got out of my party clothes. Put Walker to bed, and then settled down on the couch with Scott and ate our pizza. Showed him an episode of America's Next Top Model where they were using kung fu weapons (I fast forwarded straight to the photo shoot) and then fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment