Thursday, November 5, 2009

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24 – TWO BIRTHDAY PARTIES

- Walker woke me up sometime after 7. WOW! I got to sleep past 7:00!!!!

- Got Walker some milk and he wanted to look through his Friday Folder from school. I wanted to type up my list from the day before, but I went and sat on the couch with him to look through his week's worth of school work. We got through about 2 pages when Scott's alarm clock went off. I went into the bedroom and turned it off and hoped that Caden would stay asleep. He didn't.

- Walker was shouting about looking through his folder, but Caden had leaked so I had to dress him first. I changed Caden and gave him some toys to distract him while I sat back on the couch with Walker.

- Walker wanted to color in some of his work sheets and needed crayons. Caden was getting into stuff. I got Caden a bottle and then set up Walker to color.

- I was doing something (I can't even remember now) when Scott called me from the bathroom looking for the hair brush...I had brought it to work, so I had to go dig that out of my bag.

- Played with Caden on the floor for a little while. Helped Walker find certain colored crayons when he needed them.

- Put Caden in his high chair to keep him out of trouble while I went to move my car so Scott could go to work.

- Got back in the house, gave Caden some Cheerios and washed sippy cups and bottles while I watched the Today Show.

- Turned on cartoons in the kitchen to entertain Caden while I popped on the computer and jotted down my thoughts before they left my brain completely.

- Got breakfast for Walker. Fed breakfast to Caden. It's 9:02 and I wish I was back in bed.

- Played with the boys and then found clothes for them both to wear. Dressed Walker. Dressed myself...after folding a basket of clothes to find some for myself.. Dressed Caden. Put Caden down with a bottle for a short late-morning nap while I finished getting us all ready to head out in a little while. We're going to two birthday parties and have to buy a gift for the first and a card for the second.

- Printed out directions to my nephew's birthday party and updated my list from last night. Checked out FB.

- Packed Caden's bag and found socks for the boys. Put Walker's socks on him and got him something to drink because he "was thirsty."

- Got the boys ready to go and headed out.

- Stopped at Walmart to pick up a gift for Walker's friend Samantha and cards for Samantha and Josh and some other neccessities. I HATE the Quincy Walmart. I usually try to avoid it, but I really didn't want to drive all the way to Weymouth to come back to Quincy for the birthday party...but it probably would have taken just as long...I NEVER pick the right line at the Quincy Walmart!

- Got the boys back in the car and headed to Papa Gino's for Walker's school friend's birthday party. We got there 20 minutes late, but pizza hadn't been put out yet, so we were good. Walker was the ONLY boy to come to the party, but that's okay, he typically likes hanging with the girls more than the boys. He knew Samantha from last year in Pre-K.

- Had pizza and cake and then packed the boys back up and headed off to my nephew's party at Monster Golf in Norwood. I've never been there, but it's pretty cool and their party rooms are very nice. It has a "haunted mansion" kind of feel and comes with it's own fridge and a cabinet full of napkins, plates, and plastic wear. Not sure what the rates where, but you seem to get alot: free "arcade" tickets for the kids to get some little prizes, a round of Monster Mini Golf, a coupon to come back again. My sister also had pizza and an ice cream cake. I think that was extra. I'd highly recommend it as a place for a celebration.


www.monsterminigolf.com/fran_ma_norwood.html

- After the party Scott took Walker and I took Caden. I made a detour to get some gas and when I got home Scott was already there and put Walker down for a nap (he had fallen asleep on the ride home). Caden was sleeping in my car, so I had Scott take him into the house and I went to the store to get milk and bread (we were out of both).

- Got back home and Caden woke up, but Scott looked after him so I could take a nap...I'd been tired since waking up in the morning and my head had been pounding ALL DAY.

- Got up from my nap and changed Caden while Scott went to take a short nap himself. Checked FB and email and updated this VERY long Saturday list.

=====================================================

Never got back on the computer to update the rest of the evening. I’m pretty sure I crashed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment