Friday, November 6, 2009

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27 - I DID ALL THAT????

MORNING

- 6:30: Alarm clock goes off. Surprisingly, NO ONE ELSE is up, so I go into the bathroom and have a nice quiet, relaxing, uninterrupted shower...ahhh.

- Got out of the shower and start waking up Walker and discover that he has peed the bed again. This is now becoming a habit :( Strip down him and the bed. Clean him up and get him dressed for school. Caden then starts calling from his crib, so I go in and get him out as well. I notice he has different PJs on from when I put him to bed. Guess he had an accident as well last night.

- Finish getting Walker ready for school and gave him a cup of milk and Caden a bottle.

- 7:10: Start waking up Scott and go and pack Walker's back pack. Grab Walker's coat and shoes and poke my head into the bedroom to tell Scott he really needs to get up to bring Walker down to the bus.

- 7:20: Scott is up and ready. Walker's ready. I give Walker a kiss and they head out. I go and find something to wear to work, but take a moment to check my Meeting Maker to see if I have any important meetings that I may have to dress up for. I don't, so I'm going for more of the casual look.

- Scott gets back and entertains Caden while I finish getting dressed and then go and dry my hair.

- 7:55: update my list while Scott and Caden are asleep on the couch. 8:05: off to work


WORK

- Got in EARLY! Wow! It can happen! Turned on the computer, and then spent the next 15 minutes looking at parade pictures with Lianne - doh!

- Went with Lianne out to the garage to measure locations for some new signs that she is working on and then stopped for coffee...I'm tired.

- Got back to the office and took a call from Scott -- Caden has a fever. Listened to my messages from yesterday and checked email.

- Need to make a "To Do" list for my day.

- Delivered a CD back to IT that I borrowed weeks ago.

- Chatted with my boss about having to leave early a few days a week for the next few weeks because my mom is recovering from surgery. And chatted with him about his new grandson. Also talked with him about our plans for a designer to work on "signage" as our currently signage designer is about to leave.

- Sent out an email to the department about my adjusted schedule. Rescheduled some meetings that I have in the next couple of weeks, but was having a problem with my meeting program so had to restart my computer TWICE to get it working correctly.

- 11:30: The Science Behind… Debriefing meeting. Talked about what went well and what didn't go well, at Friday's event.

- 12:45: went down to get lunch and discovered the most awesome looking Chicken Pot Pie and then had to show it around...litterlly...because I was so impressed with it. Showed it to the VP of Museum Operations, as he's in charge of cafe. He was impressed as well.

- Ate my pot pie and then called my dad to check in on him and see how my mom was doing. Called my mom, but she didn't answer. Scott called me and we chatted about his car issues and plans for the day. Chatted with Walker on the phone for a couple of minutes to see how school was. "It was good," he said. He really seems to be settling in -- FINALLY

- Had issues trying to log back into my email, since I hadn't done it since restating the computer a couple of hours ago. Called the IT Help Desk and they looked into it and said I was "locked out." No explanation WHY I was locked out, but they reset it and I was able to open it again.

- Filled out the proof sheet for the Sparks proof and marked the changes we needed. Packed it up and sent an email to the printer to inquire how she'd like to receive it. She's coming in tomorrow to pick it up.

- Had Job Assignment meeting to discuss new projects that have come in and to review some projects that need to shift to other designers now that our out-going junior designer can't get to them. Discussed options on who can take over the junior position.

- Researched my archives to see if I had produced a certificate in the past for a retired Trustee. I did not, so had to ask the client to submit a project request for it.

- Had "Show & Tell" with the design group and showed off the invite I made for Caden's birthday on the evite website: http://www.paperlesspost.com/

- Helped a client track down a photo she needed.

- Looked over a layout of a flyer that the design intern is working on and gave her some art direction. Reviewed it a second time and gave it my "go ahead" to pass on to the editors.

- Called my mom and talked to my sister and told her to tell our mom that I'd be by tonight.

- 4:07: Opened my time log document for the first time today..thank goodness for this list or I wouldn't know what I did today.

- Printed out project list to review tonight and read through an email from Lianne about her projects as she'll be out for the next few days on a mini-vacation.

- Checked email once again and then packed up to go so I can go visit my mom at the hospital.


AFTER WORK


- Left work a little early so I could go and visit my mom in the hospital. Stopped by my house to pick up the card and plant I bought her the day before. Scott was still home with the boys, but was just packing them up to go. I gave all three of them kisses and headed off to the hospital.

- Got to the hospital just about 5:30 and visited with my mom and dad for about 30 minutes. My mom is doing pretty good, just soar. She should be coming home on Thursday. She was happy for the plant and the picture that Walker made her. it brightened up her room.

- I left the hospital and headed down to Rockland to pick up the boys. Got there about 20 after 6:00. Chatted with Scott briefly and then packed up the boys and headed out. Made a stop at Dunkin's to get Walker a bottle of milk (he was thirsty) and then headed home. Walker and I chatted about what he did in school today. He's much more talkative about school now that he's settled in. He told me he had PE (gym) today and that they played some "toilet" game. I asked "A "toilet" game?" He said, "yeah." I asked, "How is that played." He said something about how he stands with his arm up and if a red or a blue touches him, then his friends "flush" his arm....honestly, I have NO CLUE!

- We got home and Walker needed to use the potty. I settled him on the toilet with the Toys-R-Us catalog that came in the mail and he pointed to just about EVERYTHING that he wanted to put on his Christmas list. I scrubbed down the tub while I waited until he was done. I checked in on Caden who was playing in the living room and discovered he ALSO pooped...sigh!

- Walker was taking his time, so I started filling the tub so the boys could take their baths. Walker finally finished by the time the bath was ready for Caden. I stripped Caden down and put him in the tub. He SO enjoys the tub. He's so different from his older brother who really hated taking baths until only recently.

- Washed up Caden, but had an incident with Walker where he threw a MatchBox Car into the tub from the bathroom door and hit me in the head. I yelled at him and he got upset...sigh!

- Finished with Caden and got him out of the tub and added more water to the bath to warm it up for Walker. Walker was still moping, but I got him to apologize to me and then got him into the bath. Let Caden play beside the tub while I watched both of them.

- Got Caden into a onesie and put him in his high chair and gave him some Cheerios. Washed Walker's hair while Caden was distracted. Then feed Caden his dinner. Made him a bottle and put him in his PJs while Walker continued to play in the tub. Got Caden ready for bed. Let Walker give him a goodnight kiss and then put him in his crib.

- Put new sheets on Walker's bed.

- Got Walker out of the bath and into pajamas. Brought him into the kitchen and we did his home work. Once that was done he went into the living room so he could watch "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," that was being recorded on the DVR.

- 8:45: popped on to the computer to update my list.

- Watched the end of Charlie Brown with Walker and then tucked him in bed. Popped back on the computer for 1 minute before Walker came out of the bedroom. "Mom, we forgot to do the calendar!" I had promised that I'd show him when our friend Andrea would be coming over to baby sit him and Caden. So I pulled the calendar off the door and we updated our stickers (which we hadn't done in a few days) and then put a special sticker on the day Andrea would be over.

- 9:21: Start dinner.

- 10:15: Finished eating dinner and got on the computer to work on the T-shirt for next month's Octoberfest (yes, it's going to be in November this year.) Had to upload my font library to the computer as I hadn't done that since getting the new computer. The fonts that came with the computer just aren't fun enough for a good t-shirt design.

- 11: 15: Just now starting the shirt design.

- Came up with 3 T-shirt designs and sent them off to the Dragonclaw group for them to decide which layout they liked best: 1:09.




- Time for BED!

No comments:

Post a Comment