Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22 – CADEN’S 1ST BIRTHDAY

MORNING

- 5:45: Birthday boy wakes up…of course he’d rise early on his birthday! Take Caden out of the crib, get him a bottle and lay on the couch with him while he drinks the bottle. He finished just after 6:00 and then we play on the couch...I sing him happy birthday...until the alarm clock goes off at 6:15. Get up turn it off and let Caden play on the floor.


Caden - Age 1

- 6:20: Walker wakes up. I turn on cartoons and get him a cup of milk. Get Caden away from the computer and discover he's leaked. Find him some new clothes and change him while I try to explain to Walker that today is Caden's birthday, though not his "birthday party."

- Run through the typical morning tasks.

- Put jackets on myself and Walker, and walk down to the stop...well, Walker runs...seems like he's fine going to school now

- Finish getting ready and quickly update my list before waking up Scott so I can head out. I'm already late, but it was nice to spend some quiet time with the birthday boy early in the morning.


WORK

- Headed to work with a detour to Dunkin's. Got to work a half hour late (how is it that when you get up a half hour early you still manage to get to work a half hour late).

- Uploaded a video of Caden to Facebook to share for his birthday.

- The morning was filled with lots of little tasks and ended with a “heart-to-heart” IM conversation with a friend I hadn’t chatted with in a while

- Headed off to the Mall for lunch and look for a dragon costume for Caden. Came back with a bag full of clothes for myself that I got on clearance at Old Navy - SCORE!!

- Ate a plate of pasta and chicken parm and then printed out some signs that are needed to tomorrow's event. Went down to the print shop to laminate my signs and ran into the actor who plays "Neville Longbottom" in the elevator - WOW! Laminated my signs and came back up stairs to unpack a signage order that was delivered and then hung in the office hallway, reviewing our signs, and waited for "Neville" to walk by when the meeting he was attending got out - LOL!


© Museum of Science. Harry Potter star Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) adds his character's wand to Harry Potter: The Exhibition during the East Coast premiere at the Museum of Science, Boston

- Did alot of running around but can't really remember exactly what. It was a "weird" day being that it was the Harry Potter Press Preview day. Lots of hub-bub going on that distracted me from stuff.

- Lots of print orders came in that needed to be quality checked and then delivered. My The Science Behind... Program came in and it looks GREAT!



AFTER WORK


- Got home and gathered up the boys and headed off to do some errands. I was looking for a specific book at Borders (they didn't have it, but ended up buying a book about knights for Walker) and then looked for an outfit to wear to the cocktail reception for tomorrow night's party. Got an outfit at Sears that was on sale for $40, but not sure if it's what I want to wear...I'll ponder tonight.

- Walker wanted ice cream, so I stopped by Friendly's on the way home and got him a small cup of ice cream.

- Got home and put Caden in his PJs, fed him dinner, and then put him to bed. Set up the new Hot Wheel's race track that my mother-in-law got Walker and let him play with it for a bit while I check my email and write up my list.

- Scott got home and put Walker to bed and I started dinner while watching Project Runway in the kitchen. Once dinner was ready, we sat on the couch, watched the end of Project Runway and then watched the news. Scott wanted me to format a notice for his students, but I was waaaaay too tired, so I said I'd do it in the morning and promptly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment