Wednesday, November 11, 2009

FRIDAY 11/6/09 - PREP FOR FEST DAY

- Caden starts to make noise about 6:15. My day begins.

- Change Cade, who's diaper is VERY full...notice it's a size "3" and not a "4"...Scott picked up the wrong size the other day...will have to make sure I change Caden's diaper more often than usual to avoid leaks.

- Turn on cartoons for Caden. Brush my teeth. Scott's alarm goes off. Go in and hit the snooze for him. Finish my lists from the night before and start today's.

- 6:45: find clothes for Walker to wear to school. He's still sleeping, but he'll have to be up in the next few minutes. Do a quick check of email...if Caden will let me... Nope, no email...got a bottle for Caden and realized when I opened the fridge that Walker's lunch wasn't made. Guess I have a more things than usual to do this morning...luckily getting ready for work isn't one of them...

- Got Walker ready to head to school. Brought him down to the bus stop. Got back to the house and made a PB&J for Scott, who was loading up his car with more Fest stuff. Put Caden into his chair and gave him some Cheerios and sat with him in the kitchen while I ate my own breakfast.

- NOW...I can check email.

- Post pictures of Fest Baskets to Dragonclaw Facebook page.

- 8:30: make Fest check-in list.

- Fed Caden breakfast. Got him dressed and put him down for a morning nap: 9:15.

- Finished Check-in list and printed it out for the Registration table.

- 9:45: Blog stuff... Got two more days worth of posts done...catching up!

- 10:15: need to get myself ready to go out and run some errands...including switching out cars with my dad.

- I'm dressed. Caden is packed up. Going to head out to pick up my dad's car and Fest T-shirts.

- Got in the car and made a pit-stop at CVS to pick up the paper for my dad and at Dunkin Donuts to get coffee for me. Drove to my parents' and switched out the carseats from my car to my dad's while my dad entertained Caden. Checked in with my mom who is still soar from her surgery. Got a call from the T-shirt Master who said I could pick up the Ts after 2:30.

- Loaded Caden into my dad's car and headed home. Settled him in the living room with cartoons and a bottle of juice. Loaded all the Fest baskets I've done into my dad's car. Have 1.25 baskets to finished, though the "1" may just have to come down to the Cape with me tomorrow, as I still don't have a "container" for all the elements.






- 11:50: update list and check email before finishing up the Adventurer's Basket.

- Worked on a "full week" post from Thursday, October 29 thru Wednesday November 4...when I got back to keeping running lists. Took occasional breaks to check in on Caden who was playing around the house...I get worried if it gets too quiet ;)

- Posted more basket photos online.

- Finished up the Adventurer's Basket. Took a picture of it and packed it into the car. Fed Caden some bananas while I was working. He got FILTHY! Had to completely change him out of his clothes, plus change his diaper.



- Got a call from Scott asking me to bring a few things down that he forgot.

- 2:00: Got Caden ready to go out to wait for Walker at the bus stop. Took a call from the T-shirt guy that the shirts would be available after 3:00. Got Walker off the bus and we came back home and I packed more stuff into the car.

- Checked email. Responded to a Fest guest. And made toast with jelly for Walker...who was still hungry after school.

- Got Walker and Caden some milk. Changed Caden's diaper and packed him up to get ready to go.

- 2:58: Time to head to the Cape!

- Stopped to pick up Fest T-shirts from T-shirt Master. Rich, the owner, was nice enough to bring the box out to me since I had the two boys in the car with me and Caden was sleeping.



- On the road to the Cape after a quick stop at Dunkin's. Encountered a little bit of traffic at the bridge since they are doing construction, but wasn't delayed too much.

- Got to Camp Farley and with other's help, got all the baskets and the boys into the main hall. Walker and Caden enjoyed running around and visiting with our friends while I set up the auction and raffle items on the display table.



- 6:45: Took Walker down to Stop & Shop to find something for him to eat for dinner. Came back with a salad and mac & cheese and we ate our dinner before heading home.

- 8:15: Back on the road heading home. Much less traffic going north - YAY! Got home just after 9:00. Put Walker to bed and got Caden into his PJs and put him to bed.

- I had LOTS of great plans for my night alone...unfortunately I made the mistake of sitting on the couch...always my undoing. After a bowl of cereal and catching up on America's Next Top Model, I fell asleep just after the new started...sigh.

- 12:30: woken up by Walker who wanted to sleep on the couch with me. I'm not sure what woke him up or what his problem was, as I was too groggy to comprehend it. I settled him on the other end of the couch and we both eventually fell back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment