Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday 9/29/09 - WORK

- Drove to work and ate a muffin for breakfast even though my "guts" were still cramping, but wanted to take some Advil and didn't want to take it on an empty stomach...probably a big mistake.

- 9:05: Got to work, greeted my coworkers, turned on my computer, chatted for a minute or two with Jess who had be away yesterday, and then got caught up with email.

- Took some Tums that Lianne offered me.

- Worked on updating my Sparks pages for "Second to Editorial" tomorrow.

- Made a print out of another project I'm working on for my editor to mark up.

- Back to Sparks

- Took a break to review a couple of projects that one of the designers was working on: Harry Potter banners and a "private event" invite.

- Met with the Managing Editor to go over the layouts I had created for The Science Behind... program, so she was up to date in case her freelance editor (who is working on the project) had any questions about what I gave her.

- Met with the design team to go over the program layouts as well to get their feedback. And reviewed some Harry Potter window graphics that another designer is working on.

- Chatted briefly with a freelance designer that we use from time to time who had stopped by for a visit.

- 12:01: I'm hungry. Went down stairs and had lunch with Lianne.

- Got back to my desk and checked voicemail and discovered a message from Walker telling me his tooth fell out, but they couldn't find it and that daddy said he thinks it's in his tummy. Call Scott back and talked to Walker about his missing tooth and assured him the tooth fairy would except a note in replace of the tooth.

- Made a call to a client about a project I'm working on.

- Resent a file to print.

- Went to "The Science Behind..." event meeting to get a report on the status of the event and report on the projects I and MarCom are working on.

- Went to my weekly Assignment Meeting.

- Was informed by the other designers of issues with a project our Intern is working on and had to go in and make adjustments to the file.

- Made edits and fixes to "Your Visit Today" shell and passed it on to the editors.

- Talked with Scott and Walker on the phone about Walker's lost tooth and about some construction happening outside my house.

- had weekly "Show & Tell" meeting with designers and took a close look at a "die" that we got from a printer and tried to figure out how they made it and how it works.

- Made more updates/changes to YVT.

- Updated my "time track sheet"

- Made more YVT changes.

- Made plans with my boss to catch a ride to the ballgame.

- Filled out a print form and sent down a project to print that I had to get a negative made for.

- Passed a bill on to my boss.

- Reviewed YVT with editor and prepared files to be sent out for client review.

- Prepare to send Women In Science invite out to print.

- Took a trip down to the café to get some coffee.

- Got back to my desk and called my mom to let her know that Scott would be dropping the boys off at 6:00, only to find that she sounded HORRIBLE! Am now trying to find another babysitting option so that we can go to the Sox game tonight.

- Sent a sign off to the printer.

- Reviewed layouts of a membership project that a freelancer is working on.

- Went back and forth with my husband and family members to decide "what are we going to do tonight." Even tried to find someone else to go with me to the game. In the end, we're going together, though we may not stay the whole night.

- Sent YVT our for client review.

- Got changed to go to the game.

- Updated this list.

- Heading out to go to the game. Commuting with my boss who is also going.

No comments:

Post a Comment