Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thursday 9/24/09 - MORNING

- Was woken up by my 5 year old at 5:45 a.m. who was upset that his "mouth hurt" (ie: his throat hurts) and needed some milk. While trying to calm and assure him, my 11 month old woke up. (Did you know that the sun isn't up at 5:45 a.m. in late September?).

- Got both boys settled in the living room with cartoons and got milk for Walker.

- Brushed my teeth and was then interrupted by Walker who continued to complain his "mouth still hurt."

- Finished brushing and then tried to calm Walker down again and explain that his throat is probably just dry, only to discover that he was really just trying to get out of going to school (the boy is only in kindergarden!!!). Distracted him with the information that tonight is an "open house" at his school and that I'll get to meet his teacher, which made him very happy, but he still needed another cup of milk.

- Decided to do a quick check of email and starting to type this list at 5:55 and interrupted by Caden biting me leg at 6:03.

- Got Caden a bottle and gave Walker juice (how much liquid can one kid drink?).

- Checked my work meeting schedule to see if I could reschedule a late day meeting because I need to get home early to get the boys from my husband before he goes to work, so I can attend the Open House at Walker's school.

- 6:15 tried to get into the shower, but discovered the Caden really needed his diaper changed and figured I should also pull Walker's clothes for school so he can get dressed once I DO get into the shower. (It's only slightly light out at 6:15 a.m.)

- 6:22 checked the weather so I knew WHAT kind of clothes to pull for Walker...think I'm going for shorts today as he doesn't have any clean light-weight pants.

- Took a 10 minute shower while Caden yelled to me from his high-chair just outside the bathroom door.

- Got dressed and had some inpirational thoughts that I had to jump on line and share with a friend (I'm all about thoughts and inspiration the past several days!)

- Packed up Walker's lunch and snack that Scott made last night. Finished getting ready for work. Entertained Caden with Cheerios, while consulting Walker on how many more "school days" he had this week by putting stickers on the calendar to count the days by AND trying to make him understand that Christmas is still 3 MONTHS AWAY!

- Woke up the hubby while still trying to get ready for work and getting socks and shoes for Walker to put on.

- Assured Walker that I understood that he would "miss his family" but he'd have a good day and I'd see him after school and sent him on his way (Hubby returned after the bus left to say "it wasn't a happy morning.")

- Had a quick conversation with Scott about why I'm keeping all these notes and my plan to start a blog and why I think it would be helpful. Also confirmed my plans to get out of work early to be able to pick up the boys before he had to go to work.

- Kissed Caden and Scott goodbye and headed off to work at 7:45.

- Ate breakfast, listened to some entertainment and sports talk, and sang along with some country songs while sitting in traffic. Also did some more thinking about how things went at the retreat and how I can take that info and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment