Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Monday 9/28/09 - WORK

- Made a quick stop at Dunkins for some breakfast: iced coffee and a coffee roll.

- Had a doctor's appointment.

- Swung by my parents' house to pick up my phone that I left in my dad's car. Found it in the mailbox (where I told them to put it since my dad had a morning appointment) and found it there with an elastic wrapped around it and a piece of twine tied to it. I thought "What the..." and then realized it was my dad's way of saying "Here, now you won't loose it again!" (this was the second time in the past week that I had "lost" it).

- Got back in the car to head to work. Made a call to my dad to thank him for my new "phone lanyard." Called my mom to share the story with her. And called Scott to give him the same update. (Yes, all while driving. Bad, I know...but I was in bumper-to-bumper traffic for most of the conversations).

- Got to work and shared the "phone lanyard" story with Lianne, who got a good chuckle out of it and took a picture of me with my new "necklace" with her iPhone.

- Turned on my computer and got logged in to start my day: 10:45.

- Checked email.

- 11:00, work on The Science Behind... program concept and design.

- Checked in on the update of how the Museum's Intern Coordinator's new baby was doing, via the internet posting. The baby was born at 28 weeks. (was reminded to do this because Sarah Lynn brought down our new Editorial Intern).

- Pulled up my Excel document to "track my time" at work, which I forgot to open when I first got in.

- Back to TSB program.

- Took a call from my hubby who wanted to tell me a few things that popped into his mind.

- Helped my boss figure out a couple of computer issues on the new intern's computer.

- Back to TBS Program.

- 12:30 LUNCH! Walked down to to the cafe with Lianne and got a pizza, chips, a drink, and a banana. Came upstairs and ate my lunch and chatted with Lianne about her move over the weekend and the stuff I did over the weekend, among other things.

- Checking in on FB and personal email.

- 1:30: off to a meeting about Escalator signs.

- 1:40: Back to working on TSB program.

- Quick distraction by FB (Lianne told me someone made a comment on her link to my blog - lol!)

- Continued laying out the program and did a quick "dummie" to see how it was coming together.

- 3:00: met with Lianne to discuss the layout of her Sparks pages and made suggestions about rearranging the order.

- Consulted about the logo placement of the Harry Potter duratran.

- A quick look at FB...just because.

- 3:30: Back to TSB. Working on a second design option.

- 4:40: Gave some design feedback to our junior designer on a signage project.

- Made PDFs of the two program layouts I created and sent them off to my Editor (off-site) along with a very long email about what my thought processes were when creating the layouts.

- 5:15: way late. Should have been gone 30 minutes ago, but need to send this list to my home email addy so I can post it in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment