Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday 9/25/09 - WORK

- Log on to my computer and pull up all the programs I need: email, meeting scheduler, time tracking form, IM (to let my coworker know I put the milk in the fridge), etc...

- Checked emails, reviewed my "to do" list. Chatted with the Project Coordinator about what needs to get done today.

- Went to an hour meeting to discuss working relationships (who does what, who has what say, etc) and the next steps for the "Adult Brand Extension"

- Got back to my desk to find my "The Science Behind..." invites had finally arrived and checked them out (they looked great) and chatted about them with my co-workers and boss.

- Had a 15 minute chat with Design Consultant, Margarita, about Advancement Brand Extension and issues.

- 10 minute conversation with my boss about how to juggle everything I need to juggle.

- Waited for the elevator and chatted with fellow MOS-ers about the In-HOWse Design Conference I went to last week.

- Delivered the two boxes of invites around the corner to Special Events.

- Made myself lunch with left overs from the Staff Retreat on Wednesday.

- Ate lunch while making a PDF of the October/November issue of Sparks that needs to be put up on the MOS' website.

- Looked up info on TSB invite that came in to confirm quantity that we asked to print - 5,500. Not sure we got that many...

- Opened FileMaker to start a signage job...I think I have to click at least 6 buttons and type in a password just to get to the file I need.

- Laid out two last minute sign requests.

- Consulted with our Project Coordinator about a client issue.

- Passed sign layout to editor and posed a few questions.

- Consulted with editor on layout options for Sparks calendar.

- Made a personal phone call.

- Checked in on a project for Lianne that she needed follow-up on.

- Back to the last minute signage project.

- Attended a meeting about school programs PDFs.

- Sent signage project off to client for approval.

- Had snacks with co-workers to say "goodbye" to our editorial intern.

- Sent out a request to order magnets.

- Attended a meeting for an event "save the date" postcard.

- Checked email and corresponded with a fellow designer I met at the In-HOWse conference.

- Met with project coordinator to review my schedule again.

- corresponded with a vendor about the magnet order.

- Sent out files to get negatives for the "Important Things" sheet.

- Picked up a package from the front desk and then submitted payment info for my magnet order.

- Archived completed jobs.

- Start working on "The Science Behind..." Program

- 5:30 had a recap chat with my boss.

- Back working on TSB program.

- 6:00: shut down and head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment